• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: mv88f6281 cpu is too hot  (Read 2709 times)
victor

View Profile
« on: May 29, 2009, 07:18:40 AM »

to marvell engineer,I have a pogoplug on my hand,and find the big radiator panel very hot in the box,if  run long time,will it be problem?
what about you,other guys?

wstupar

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 05:20:11 PM »

Hi Victor,

I noticed that my Sheeva Plug gets very warm also. I was letting it stay powered-up continuously, like my desktop. Now that it is summer and the weather here (Southern California) is fairly warm, my Sheeva Plug actually failed--I lost the U-Boot and all. After letting it cool off I was able to use the "Installer" to bring it back.

Wes

restamp
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 07:46:23 PM »

To those who believe your Plugs are running too hot:  How hot do they actually get?  Too hot to comfortably touch?  I can rest my hand on the case of mine and it is indeed warm, but probably not much over 100 degrees F, if that.  What is the ambient temperature of the room it was in when it failed?

(I tried to find the ambient temperature limits for operation, but didn't locate them.  Vaguely I remember reading somewhere that the Plug is good to 40C ambient.  The hardware manual says the core is good to over 100C.  I guess I'm curious if some Plugs run hotter than others.)

jeff1282

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 05:31:17 PM »

I'm curious: why are there no air holes in the top of the plug case?  When the plug is in its normal orientation (plugged into a wall socket, ethernet and USB connectors pointing straight down) there are air holes on both sides of the case at the bottom, but NONE at the top. Wouldn't it make more sense to have some holes at the top, so the hot air inside would rise out the top from convection, and room temperature air would come in at the bottom?

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: