• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I just got my new GPlug-Display  (Read 3217 times)
gweiler

View Profile
« on: February 13, 2011, 09:13:07 AM »

I just got my new GPlug-Display and am a bit confused!!! 

When I received it on Friday afternoon I lit it off from the console and it ran just fine.  I changed the password and took a quick look around the file system.  Since I didn't have a HDMI cable I only ran it from the console.  Saturday night I picked up a HDMI cable and plugged it into the unit and a monitor.  The plug failed to boot and terminated in the following lines of code (these are only the lines from where it diverged from a normal boot).:

mmc0: new high speed SDHC card at address b368
mmcblk0: mmc0:b368 USD   3.75 GiB
 mmcblk0: p1 p2
mmc1: new high speed SDHC card at address 0001
mmcblk1: mmc1:0001 00000 7.60 GiB
 mmcblk1: p1
usb 1-1: new high speed USB device using pxau2h-ehci and address 2
usb 1-1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
hub 1-1:1.0: USB hub found
hub 1-1:1.0: 4 ports detected     // This is the last normal line!!!
pxa-sdh pxa-sdh.0: DATA Line Error(status: 0x0010)!
mmcblk0: retrying using single block read
pxa-sdh pxa-sdh.0: DATA Line Error(status: 0x0010)!
mmcblk0: error -5 transferring data, sector 2046218, nr 24, card status 0x900
end_request: I/O error, dev mmcblk0, sector 2046234
Buffer I/O error on device mmcblk0p2, logical block 229623
lost page write due to I/O error on mmcblk0p2
JBD: recovery failed
EXT3-fs: error loading journal.
EXT2-fs: mmcblk0p2: couldn't mount because of unsupported optional features (4).
List of all partitions:
b300         3941376 mmcblk0 driver: mmcblk
  b301          104594 mmcblk0p1
  b302         3836250 mmcblk0p2
b308         7974912 mmcblk1 driver: mmcblk
  b309         7970816 mmcblk1p1
No filesystem could mount root, tried:  ext3 ext2 cramfs vfat
Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(179,2)

The big question I have is, is this a failure of the plug or simply a corruption of the fs on the sd card?  Also, does anyone know what the procedure is to send the unit back for warranty?

Thanks in advance!

Glen

gweiler

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 02:12:20 PM »

Ok, so here's an update.  I took the sd card out of the GPlug-D and put it into a Ubuntu system.  The Ubuntu system showed the kernel partition but not the fs partition.  So I told Ubuntu to remove the drive safely and it did.  When I plugged the card back into the Ubuntu system after the safe removal, both partitions showed up.  I shut the card down a second time and placed it back into the GPlug-D.  the GPlug-D booted up perfectly normally after that.  BTW - the names of the partitions do not match the docs as per building a bootable SD card. 

So, now that it's working again.  Here are some first impressions.  It's not a speed demon by any stretch.  It takes about 50 seconds or so to boot up into X11.  There is almost no apps of any kind on the GUI (not even a method of changing screen resolution).  Iceweasle is the browser and it works, but it takes about 5 seconds from the time you click the mouse until anything actually happens.  Scrolling the screen is relatively fast but changing to another web page sends you back to the 5 second wait. 

There is a MP4 file on the device called "The American".  Attempting to play it causes a media player to open and the video starts but the whole screen garbles and then the whole system crashes and you have to reboot to get the system back up.  Doing an apt-get install of anything produces a pretty much continuous stream of IO error messages saying that the ext3 fs has encountered another bad block. 

With Internet, HDMI and the console running I'd say the temperature of the device is about the same as what I see on my GuruPlug Server Standard.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: