• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2.6.30.2 new release  (Read 2944 times)
cbxbiker61
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: July 22, 2009, 07:47:00 PM »

2.6.30.2 is now available.

Added new crypt modules.  Added udlfb 0.2.3 module for usb video support (someone please test this).

Due to changes in vm security a change must be made in /etc/sysctl.d/10-process-security.conf.  vm.mmap_min_addr should be set to 32768 (This change is safe for any kernel version).  If this is not done it is likely that you will not be able to login remotely.  Although you should still be able to login as root on the main console.

Kernel and modules are available from the following locations:

IPV4: http://sheeva.with-linux.com/sheeva/

IPV6: http://sheeva6.with-linux.com/sheeva/

Features IPV6, CIFS, NFS4, EXT3, EXT4, JFS, XFS, FUSE(for ntfs-3g), UBIFS, usb-serial, uvcvideo, iptables, appletalk, bluetooth, v4l and ppp.

cacack

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 10:47:51 AM »

In testing ext4 on my 4GB SDHC card, I had problems mounting it.  Syslog yeilds:

Code:
kernel: EXT4-fs: mmcblk0: Filesystem with huge files cannot be mounted read-write without CONFIG_LBD.

Googling, I found a blog post which pointed to this, which looks like CONFIG_LBD needs to be enabled in order to mount ext4 filesystems as read/write.  If so, can this be added to the next release?  Appears to only affect ext4, as ext3 and ext2 work just fine.

Thanks,
-C

restamp
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 09:47:52 PM »

Wow, this is an odd one:  I was attempting to test the crypto modules on 2.6.30.2 tonight, and was in the middle of running a cryptmount-setup (part of the cryptmount package).  After a prolonged pause -- so long it made me wonder if crypto is viable on this box without the hardware engine, but which in retrospect was probably the command waiting for a given amount of randomness to be generated, which would take some time since the box was otherwise quiescent -- the Plug took what I think is a kernel panic.  Those interested can find the particulars here.

But then nothing happened -- the watchdog timer didn't reboot the Plug!  It just sat there.

And then I noticed that my ssh sessions were still active -- the Plug was still running!  The entire event even got recorded in /var/log/messages and on dmesg.

Has anyone see this sort of thing before?  It's downright freaky to get a dump like this and then have an OS keep running as if nothing happened.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 09:51:06 PM by restamp » Logged

cbxbiker61
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 10:05:54 PM »

which looks like CONFIG_LBD needs to be enabled in order to mount ext4 filesystems as read/write.  If so, can this be added to the next release?  Appears to only affect ext4, as ext3 and ext2 work just fine.

CONFIG_LBD is set in 2.6.30.3.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: