• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Meteohub goes SheevaPlug  (Read 6043 times)
docbee

View Profile
« on: July 06, 2009, 01:44:41 PM »

Low power weather station server Meteohub has been ported to SheevaPlug.

While Meteohub is available for NSLU2, ALIX-Boards, Fit-PC Slim, eboxes and VMware for a while, the SheevaPlug port is brand new and still a bit experimental. Processing power of SheevaPlug comes close to AMD Geode performance which is much better than what could be derived from good old NSLU2.

Details on Meteohub can be found here: www.meteohub.de

« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 01:46:17 PM by docbee » Logged

boerner

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 02:28:28 PM »

I am very interested in this port but have one question...

Looking at the overview slides on your website, meteohub is designed to send data to another server for display. Can it be configured on a plug so that a local webserver can display the data? That way I just need a weather station and the plug to have a complete solution out of the box.

Thanks in advance.

Rabeeh Khoury
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 02:32:05 PM »

I think with the combination of a DisplayLink based monitor it can be done.
Look for example on MIMO monitors products - USB based monitors that has been proven to work with the plug.

boerner

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 02:41:35 PM »

I don't believe I was clear, although the MIMO monitor solution sounds very interesting.

I want to have the application not only log the data on the plug, but export the HTML that would normally go to another host be exported locally to be displayed by a local webserver. The actual viewing of the content would take place on any other PC on the network with the web browser. I can assume this can be setup, but the screenshots on the site are a little hard to read.

I really like the idea about the MIMO monitor though. Now if I could only get Globalscale to call me back...

docbee

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 09:25:30 AM »

Meteohub has a local webserver included (which also drives the web interface for administration of Meteohub).
This webserver can also display locally stored websites. You can feed HTML to be displayed by putting HTML files to the plug from your PC via a samba share. This html can also include Meteohub's dashboard flash application and WD-Live flash application.

You can also design your own HTML pages as templates that will be filled with weather data at a defined time schedule. So there are tons of options ;-)

boerner

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 03:56:50 PM »

Just a quick follow up for anyone interested...

I successfully installed the Meteohub app on a co-workers plug today. Pretty straightforward. The installer app and docs that docbee has put together work pretty well. Just in time for winter in Alaska...

I made a related post on the meteohub.de forum - http://www.meteohub.de/joomla/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=32&func=view&id=5425&catid=25

I will ask any further questions there.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: