• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 2.6.30.1 new release  (Read 6593 times)
Rabeeh Khoury
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2009, 12:23:47 AM »

cbxbiker - do you have a script that automatically downloads, patches and build the kernel with it's modules?

few people are asking about plugging in a mimo monitor to the plug - do you think we should add framebuffer support native in the kernel?

DetunizedGravity

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2009, 05:13:08 AM »

Hello.

I would just like to report that the links at the beginning of this thread are dead (DNS error, no such thing as with-linux.com)...

cbxbiker61
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2009, 05:50:25 AM »

Hello.

I would just like to report that the links at the beginning of this thread are dead

Try again.  They still work for me.  I sometimes do some large downloads which could affect the connection.  It shouldn't really be a DNS error, more likely a timeout error.

cbxbiker61
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2009, 06:12:48 AM »

cbxbiker - do you have a script that automatically downloads, patches and build the kernel with it's modules?

few people are asking about plugging in a mimo monitor to the plug - do you think we should add framebuffer support native in the kernel?

Yes, I script my build process.  Not a mega build script, it's more like 1. download, 2. patch, 3 build.

I'm in the process of configuring 2.6.30.2.  udlfb support looks like it's pretty clean.  I expect to add udlfb support.  It'll probably be tomorrow before I release 2.6.30.2.

ianjb

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2009, 06:15:21 AM »

I also was unable to connect. Firefox reported:

"Firefox can't find the server at sheeva.with-linux.com."

DetunizedGravity

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2009, 07:57:19 AM »

It was really a DNS error (checked manually with "nslookup" and/or "host", at work and from home), and it has been so since at least yesterday, maybe monday (can't remember precisely when I started to look into upgrading my kernel for IPv6 support).

Checking right now, I discover that it is working again from my office.

Except that it is no use to me here :-) I will try again from home this evening. I suspect something's been temporarily amiss between French ISPs' DNS and yours. Thanks for checking on your side, anyway.

ianjb

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2009, 10:38:22 AM »

I also was unable to connect. Firefox reported:

"Firefox can't find the server at sheeva.with-linux.com."

Same box a couple of hours later and works fine.

DetunizedGravity

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2009, 01:24:16 PM »

OK, I understand now. It's not a global DNS problem. It just happen that until this afternoon I always had tested with "sheeva6.with-linux.com", since I am interested in IPv6. "with-linux.com" is known and "sheeva" is properly resolved, but "sheeva6" does not exist.

A quick look at sheeva-2.6.30.1.config shows that the reachable kernel is compiled with IPv6 enabled as a module, so ultimately all is fine for me. This explains why the second link is dead. You might want to remove it altogether. Unles it is intended for a kernel image with IPv6 compiled in, instead of as a module?

As a matter of fact, it would probably be better compiled in, for me. Guess I'll have to go the cross-compiling way...

DetunizedGravity

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2009, 02:58:58 AM »

And it's only now that I realize that the "IPV6: sheeva6" link means "from an IPv6 network" and not "with IPv6 support". No surprise there is no DNS resolution from the IPv4 InterWeb.

Ah well... It's not the first time and probably not the last time I make a fool of myself in public. Keeps one humble. *sigh*

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: