• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Power requirement for US standard wall socket  (Read 1979 times)
cookman

View Profile
« on: June 21, 2009, 08:43:30 AM »

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the Sheeva Plug with standard US wall socket can be used with a simple socket adaptor only ?
With this I mean that it can be powered by European 220V AC power if just a socket adaptor that converts the US plug to European standard plug is used.

Haven't yet bought my development kit but I'm planning to do so.

bobnielsen

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 10:11:27 AM »

That will work, but the Sheevaplug also comes with a power cord (U.S. plug).  You need to open up the case to remove the fitted plug and that reveals a socket where the cord connects.  It is a fairly common socket type and you can probably find a cord with one of the European plugs which would work.

tinker

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 10:46:50 AM »

You do not need to open the case to remove the fitted plug.  The fitted plug slides off.
Just use your thumb to push it in the direction indicated by the arrow embossed on the plug.
There is a latch that is revealed when you push it out a few millimeters. Just push gently on the latch with some sort of tool such as an unopened small paperclip and it will then slide past the latch.

Once the fitted plug is off you will see the power in socket on the SheevaPlug is designed as a figure of 8 socket.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: