• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TonidoPlug - update UBoot from live kernel?  (Read 2700 times)
netter

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2011, 08:57:07 AM »

Alright here's the quick and short, I have a tonido plug for about half a year now and I love it except for the fact that if I plug in certain usb devices the tonidoplug won't boot from my usb stick. I've been all over various forums, and I see various posts on how to update UBoot or edit, and that's my goal, to fix this issue. so...

1) Is it possible to update or edit the UBoot to prevent these boot problem caused by various usb devices being plugged into a usb hub?

2) Can it be done from a live kernel, or by booting from some usb stick, which will flash the new UBoot image? I'd rather not try to tamper physically with it if it isn't necessary

3) Has anyone successfully updated their UBoot for the better and if so, can I get a tutorial with step by step instructions?

I love my tondio plug, and I've customized it to the max, but having these boot problems with simple devices such as usb webcameras causes headaches. If the previous questions can't be addresssed, can someone at least recommend a plug device that can avoid these issues?

michelk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 04:55:21 AM »

For what it's worth... I have 2 tonido running Debian squeeze from USB sticks.  They started working reliably when I added a powered USB hub (powered is the operative term). The disk drives are added as non-boot partitions to teh HUB and recognized by Debian.

ajay.bhargav

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 10:49:03 PM »

can you post the precise error you're getting during bootup? post terminal output here for better idea.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: