• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Global Scale Technologies are thieves!!! [SOLVED]  (Read 5200 times)
alexodus

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2009, 11:06:14 AM »

This company don't permit to you to reject the orders ()!
I send them a reject request two week ago, but they today sent me the track order by FedEx.
THEY ARE THIEVES!
Please esitate to order them the sheevaplug!
They NEVER answer to customer request by mail.
MARVELL , please choice a very honest (and capable) distributor!!!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 06:44:20 AM by alexodus » Logged

superpat

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 08:02:16 AM »

Those are very harsh words, and I think over the top. What if Global Scale did not receive your email?

I suggest you write to Global Scale Snail mail,  politely, detailing your problems. I am sure Global scale will sort out your troubles

I have always found them responsive to emails, although slow.

My order took approx two weeks to complete, which I was satisfied with. 

In future I will be using the UK  based distributer, since they are so much cheaper, (I am in the UK and the shipping and duty charges from Global Scale in the states are exorbitant).

By the way. Global Scale are not only a distributer, but the designers and manufacturers of the Plug computer.

Marvell only make the cpu and glue chips!

regards

Patrick

Magus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 10:41:58 AM »

If they kept your money you can always file a complaint with "Paypal" and get a refund. Normally, I only deal with vendors who have the "Paypal" payment option as it protects the buyers. Thieves normally stay away from "Paypal" as once a complaint is lodge then the payment is "frozen".

pagercam

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 11:11:00 AM »

why did you order if you didn't want it???

Why are you even here if you canceled your order?

Please choose another CPU and go complain in their forums.

darkscout

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 07:31:34 AM »

I e-mailed them about where mine was (Before they had the warning up about the long wait time) and they responded within 24 hours.

mail4asim

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2009, 03:35:12 PM »

I have to agree with the original poster to some extent. Globalscales email comminication is sub par.  I have emailed them twice before I got my order and did NOT hear back from them. I finally ended up calling their number and the operator was able to help me out.. sort of.  All she could do was tell me that my order was not yet shipped. I never received my fedex tracking number either.

This forum is run  by Globalscale employees, and I have yet to see any of them take a stand and say why their company is unable to meet the demand. Not to mention, the tech support level on here is not very user friendly either.

I recently got into Tonidoplug and their forums are handled much better. Their tech support is super fast in responding to any issues. The only bad part about their product is that they don't have a development version. And did I mention there is no wait on their product shipment.

mail4asim

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2009, 03:38:50 PM »

why did you order if you didn't want it???

Why are you even here if you canceled your order?

Please choose another CPU and go complain in their forums.

I am guessing the customer here is not happy with the company and has the right to complain about his experience.  Unless you can help, I suggest you mind your own business.

Magus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2009, 12:27:08 PM »

I don't think the forum is run by Globalscale staff, but by people from Marvell.

I think if the customer did not get his money back, as I said in my earlier post then he can contact "Paypal". He has never confirmed that Globalscale kept his money without shipping a unit. If this is the case then he has a right to call them thieves. However, if not them the comments are harsh. From my own experience, communication via email is slow from Globalscale, but that's no reason to call them thieves!

Can alexodus confirm whether he got his money back? If so, then he's got no argument and perhaps this subject should be closed.

My understanding is that Tonido Plug is a "finish retail product". Only the SheevaPlug is a Dev kit.

alexodus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2009, 04:21:53 PM »

Hi all,
I'm back from a long week end.
There is a good news: the order was canceled!
The problem was this: I canceled the order 2/3 weeks ago. In 16 October they sent me a "refund paypal id"(I used credit card, not paypal!), but in 23 October they sent me another mail with tracking number of fedex. ARGG!!!  Then I sent them many emails about this problem. Now I'm able to confirm the correct refund on my credit card. But the tracking number is yet active on fedex.
Why? Did they have problem with their backend sw? I don't know. But now I HAVE TO check often my credit card and the fedex tracking number.

So excuse me for my harsh words, but GlobalScale's behavior isn't professional.

lolo84
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2011, 06:18:14 AM »

I update this old thread to confirm that globalscale are really thieves. Let me told you my long story to understand why I think so.
I first pre-ordered a guruplug when globalscale announced it in 2009. After several months I finally received it. But after having plugged the unit I heard a bad sound and the unit was dead ! So I send a mail to ask for reimbursment of my unit. After a long time, globalscale finally agreed to give an RMA form to send the guruplug back saying that shipping cost would be reimbursed.
After other months they declared that the problem have been identified ( overheating due to lack of cooling system !) and that they have found a solution to solve this (add a bigger noisy fan !). So I wait to receive this new product. When I finally received it, another two deceptions : Firstly: they don't send me back all accessories that I send to us (wires, JTAG plug ...). Secondly : After plugging the guruplug it start to makes an incredible noisy sound (more noisy than every computer I have used as now !).
So I decided to stop this joke. I send all this crappy material and demand all the reimbursment.

At this day globalscale reimbursed me only for the guruplug I paid at the beggining. They have not refund me all the cost for shipping material. Moreover I send them many mails to ask them to pay back me and they never answer me.

So yes, Globalscale are REAL THIEVES. They just made me lose my time and my money.
Don't buy anything from them !

fedor

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2011, 11:11:20 PM »

Another satisfied Globalscale customer!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: