• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What is happening regarding the sale of Guruplug-ServerPLUS?  (Read 1632 times)
superpat

View Profile
« on: January 03, 2011, 03:18:04 AM »

Hi,

Happy new year every one.

I just noticed the following quote on the GlobalScale on line shop page:-
GuruPlug-ServerPLUS is not available for on line purchase anymore as our inventory is 0-out.

Only GuruPlug-ServerPLUS (OEM Model) is available for orders above 100 pieces
..Please contact sales@globalscaletechnologies.com

Is this a temporary thing, or are Globscale backing away from any more sales / support responsibility of the Serverplus. They will still sell in 100 + lots to third parties, who will have to pick up the support  for the end customers.

your thoughts?

regards

P

marcus

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 04:22:08 AM »

They aren't backing away; the demand is such that there is a long lead time. Whether this is due to unexpectedly high demand, or planning problems preventing adequate stock levels in the first place, who knows ...

Edit: There's also a long lead time on ordering Sheevaplugs (in volume) at the moment.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 04:23:44 AM by marcus » Logged

superpat

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 09:30:26 AM »

Hi Marcus,

Thats good to know!

It is unfortunate then that Globalscale  phrased the fact they were out of stock in such a way as to imply that they had finished with retailing the Plus.

It would not have hurt them to add a sentence advising that the device would be back on sale by a given date!

thanks again

P

lolo84
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 06:40:27 AM »

I don't think it's a problem of high demand but rather they have big problems (overheating, instability) with their product. So they stop orders to solve all the claims they received from customers as me who ask for refund of their gurupulug.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: