• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SD vs. SDHC?  (Read 2469 times)
bobnielsen

View Profile
« on: June 20, 2009, 02:03:11 PM »

I see that the larger capacity SD cards are labeled "SDHC".  Is the reader in the plug compatible with these or only the smaller "SD" cards?

Reedy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 04:47:50 PM »

Plenty of reports of SDHC cards working fine.. Some manufacturers are fine, some aren't for other people.. Seems a case of YMMV

karurosu
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 07:49:33 PM »

Almost every card works (SD or SDHC) the problem is a buggy high speed driver, simply disabling the high speed mode makes most cards work.

bogolisk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 02:09:36 AM »

Almost every card works (SD or SDHC) the problem is a buggy high speed driver, simply disabling the high speed mode makes most cards work.

Or maybe the buggy high-speed cards? I've never written a SD driver but I did write a MMC-Plus (up to 52MHz) proprietary host driver for embedded linux and enabling high-speed was dead simple, it'd be very hard to make buggy highspeed mode. IMO, it'd really be (cheapo) cards that reported as supporting highspeed but cannot do it. I never encounter such cards because we use industrial eMMC parts so they have better Q/A than the ones you can off-the-shelves.

karurosu
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 08:29:17 AM »

Well, it has to be a buggy driver, since the cards I've tried work perfectly with high speed readers.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: