• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: dc++ server  (Read 2216 times)
hypn0toad

View Profile
« on: June 18, 2009, 07:22:49 PM »

sorry if this has been asked before- i always find it hard to search places for dc++... its too short and awkward for most search engines

that said- is there a way to have a dc++ server running on the plugcomputer?  i'm assuming the answer is yes- but then the question is which server?

i have ynhub running on windows at the moment, and have some familiarity with linux systems so the text interface shouldnt be a problem

thanks!

edmc

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 11:01:55 PM »

So I went to google.com and typed into the search field "dc plus plus" (without the double-quotes)  Grin

It returned 10 pages of results of which the first two pages were true hits (among them a reference to the SourceForge project site here.

While the source is available, it would appear to have some Windows-specific dependencies so I'm not sure if you could make a go of dc++ on the SheevaPlug.

hypn0toad

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 03:46:36 AM »

yes i tried something similar.  one issue is that DC++ is specifically a windows based program.  it utilizes the DC (direct connect) protocol though.  another issue is that most results are client programs, while i'm specifically looking for a server program (all of the clients would probably be on windows)

i was asking just to see if anyone else has already done this.. i guess it doesn tneed to be "dc++" but it has to support Direct Connect.  because then i can use something which already has a proven user.  otherwise ill have to try to sleuth down a linux based dc server, andthen go from there to see if it will work on a plugcomputer. 

if the dc stuff fails, ill have to figure out another way to have a nice p2p fileserver.

i was hoping to find out the compatibility BEFORE buying the plugcomputer, but ill look into some servers for opportunities tomorrow if no one else replies today

edmc

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 10:46:14 AM »

Check out the Wikipedia article here.  Scroll down to the heading "Hub software".  It lists a number of "hub servers".  There seem to be several options there...

hypn0toad

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 05:14:29 AM »

well, guess its worth trying.  just ordered a plugcomputer.  i'll update here whenever i have figured this stuff out

hypn0toad

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 07:02:37 PM »

got the server setup with opendchub (http://plugcomputer.org/plugwiki/index.php/Direct_Connect_Server)

Having a bit of trouble finding a DC clinet software.  I am looking for DCTC but those files were hard to find.  the main website is at http://ac2i.homelinux.com/dctc/ .

Anyone know of anything newer that would work without a GUI?

hypn0toad

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 09:37:27 PM »

if anyone cares... figured it out using microdc2

full tutorial client and server at

http://plugcomputer.org/plugwiki/index.php/Direct_Connect

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: