• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: G'day, Coburn from down under here!  (Read 691 times)
Coburn

View Profile
« on: December 28, 2010, 08:42:52 PM »

Howdy peeps.

I'm Coburn, a Aussie (Aussies are from a place called Down Under - I bet you won't guess what that place is... Tongue) that has just purchased one of the SheevaPlugs to play around with. The forum seems pretty clean, so I guess I'll settle here... Smiley

I've been a Linux user for quite some years, I first toyed with Puppy Linux and Debian Sarge (3.0) on a old "crapbox" PC that I blew up by mistake when I was about 11 to 12 years old. Since then, I've been sailing on the Windows and Linux ship, I have a few Windows PCs (I call them the Winblows Army), a Mac OS 9.21-powered PowerBook G3, a few old Linux PCs, a EeePC running Ubuntu Netbook Edition along with a PowerPC G4 eMac (the 700Mhz model) running Debian Squeeze.

I am a command line person as I like to know what's going on, not have some pretty GUI to all the work for me. I use SSH to manage my computers, and I like things done my way. I'm also a minimalist, I don't like eye-candy and Linux gets the job done.

So yeah, you can add another Aussie on your forum scoreboard, I'll be floating around and I know a fair amount of Android stuff. So I could possibly help you if you're stuck using Android on your SheevaPlugs.

Cheers,
The Coburn.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: