• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How to deal with a corrupted tun.ko in Gruruplug server?  (Read 1856 times)
Scandal

View Profile
« on: December 26, 2010, 03:36:26 AM »

Hi everybody, Merry Xmas to you all.
I've recently received my Guruplug server. Managed to get the server to boot from SD card and installed Transmission and NZBGet. This all works smoothly. However, being a newbie on Linux, I corrupted my tun.ko module while attempting to install Openvpn. Is there any way to get a new tun.ko without performing more than newbie level Linux magic? I've searched the internet and copied tun.ko's but nothing works.
please help

dattaway

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 03:47:06 AM »

Hi everybody, Merry Xmas to you all.
I've recently received my Guruplug server. Managed to get the server to boot from SD card and installed Transmission and NZBGet. This all works smoothly. However, being a newbie on Linux, I corrupted my tun.ko module while attempting to install Openvpn. Is there any way to get a new tun.ko without performing more than newbie level Linux magic? I've searched the internet and copied tun.ko's but nothing works.
please help

That sounds like a linux kernel module.  You may get it by recompiling the kernel modules by source or reinstalling the kernel modules themselves.  The modules are usually found in the installation tree if you want to untar and copy it over.

Scandal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 04:56:08 AM »

Thank you for your answer Dattaway,
The only thing is that I don't understand how I can find the installation tree on my Guruplug. I've searched through the directory tree but, well it's all jibberisch to me really..... Grin I now see two options, one is to reinstall the kernel (but why, everything works fine) and the other is to install openvpn on my linux NAS.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: