• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Plugcomputer to store and watch movies?  (Read 4197 times)
jillskinny12
« on: December 15, 2010, 11:48:40 AM »

My background is in video editing and production. I saw the video of the guy you uses the computer with his GPS unit to find the best and fastest route. It got me trying to think out of the box about possible uses of mobile entertainment.

Does anybody know if the plug computer could be used to store your movies and play them? Or maybe use the plugcomputer to play videos through streaming videos like netfilx?

restamp
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 12:37:57 PM »

I use my SheevaPlug, in conjunction with an HDHomeRun tuner box, as a recorder for digital OTA television.  It is perfectly capable of recording two shows while I stream a third (or stream one of the ones actively being recorded -- great for skipping the commercials), so I think it would work fine in this capacity for streaming movies.  I have never tried to convert it to a MythTV back-end, but others have, I think, with success.  Of course, a front-end machine requires a whole lot more horse-power, and I doubt if the Marvel CPU would be up to that task.

Jonesy
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 09:37:06 AM »

I'm gonna have to check out that badboy HDHomerun looks like a neat box of tricks.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: