• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ionics Plug Computer  (Read 4829 times)
harcrow

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2010, 11:14:16 AM »

I would like to purchase a Cirrus plug from Ionics, but I am having trouble contacting sales at Ionics.  Has anyone purchased any products from Ionics?

Thanks

fedor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 08:05:55 PM »

Judging by the overwhelming replies I guess not.

But I recall many months or even a year ago someone actually did manage to get one and even put some pictures of it up on these forums. They mentioned they had trouble contacting them as well.

Seriously though, if you are having trouble trying to wave money at these companies... well it doesn't look good does it?

Seems the whole sheevaplug community is looking a bit stale.

Getting access to working, purchasable equipment in a timely fashion might help. But I think the situation is a bit beyond help right now.

Good luck.

purple mink

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 04:45:40 PM »

I would like to purchase a Cirrus plug from Ionics, but I am having trouble contacting sales at Ionics.  Has anyone purchased any products from Ionics?

Thanks

good luck with that or for any of the other vendors for that matter. I've made several attempts to contact the vendors as splashed on the plugcomputer page, but none of them reply. Seems like I just may buy something else instead. If an email for a pre-purchase sale won't be answered, would you really think you'd get a reply of your plug fried on the first run? I'd doubt it! My 2 cents! I'm getting better responses and lots of help from the admins and other people on Excito's forum! At least they want to support what I require! Besides it's almost impossible to post a reply here....most times I get a 600 second notice that I already posted, and to wait another 600 seconds......something must be busted on their guruplug that's running this forum....or they're living on aonther planet that doesn't sync up to Earth's revolution [time] around the sun!!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 04:49:14 PM by purple mink » Logged

Headworx

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 01:53:28 AM »

Just to add... I ask Ionics for a price for the lot of 100 plugs. No answer. Bought Seagate Dockstars instead. Less memory, but enough for my project and they run very cool, no fan, no overheating...

--
Cheers,
Headworx
http://tech.slupik.com

SRG

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 07:02:57 AM »

On my side, i had answers from them, when i asked if a server with french plug was available, they answered me that yes, it was available (but with a delay).
Sadly, in the end, whereas i had explicitely asked for french plugs, they sent me US ones ...
Not really serious ...
To read (in french) : http://blog.tensin.org/index.php?post/2010/12/19/La-semi-déception-du-jour-:-plug-computer-Ionics-Stratus

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: