• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Compiling Paragon NTFS Driver - errors  (Read 1663 times)
elBradford

View Profile
« on: April 13, 2009, 02:45:01 PM »

Hello, I'm trying to compile the Paragon NTFS driver (said to have much better performance than ntfs-3g). I've installed gcc and make, and when I run the install script I have the error:

Code:
root@debian:/tmp# ./install.sh
-e Preparing to Install
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.
-e Can't preparing driver configuration
exit: 15: Illegal number: -1
root@debian:/tmp#

I did have some errors w/ no /bin/arch, but I found the solution here:

Code:
$ cd /bin; echo 'uname -m'> /bin/arch; chmod 755 /bin/arch

Also, it was apparent that my /lib/modules directory was empty, as was my /usr/src. So I downloaded the linux 2.6.22-18 kernel source from here. The problem is, I can't find the headers. I untar'd the source to /usr/src/source, and symlinked the source directory to /lib/modules/2.6.22.18/
Code:
ls -s /usr/src/source/ /lib/modules/2.6.22.18/

When I look at the config.log, something stands out:

Code:
configure:1716: gcc  -D__linux__ -D__KERNEL__ -I/lib/modules/2.6.22.18/source//include/ -include  -fno-builtin  conftest.c  >&5
cc1: error: -fno-builtin: No such file or directory

There's two '/' before the include subdirectory. I don't know if that's the problem, or if it's the problem of not having the headers, but it won't compile.

I have looked all day and I can't find the linux headers for this kernel and this architecture.

I'm a total newb when it comes to embedded computing, so any input would be appreciated!

cobe14159

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 08:45:25 PM »

I am having the same type of problem.  I can't find the headers anywhere.  If I find them I'll post it.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: