• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sheevaplug with MIMO monitor  (Read 13948 times)
Rabeeh Khoury
Administrator

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2009, 08:22:08 AM »

Hi,

Debian 5.0 on Sheevaplug + MIMO monitor 710 + gdm/X + synergy (picture attached - MIMO on t he front connect to the plug in the back).

To get this working you need to download and build the kernel framebuffer driver (attachment to the thread below) and then then xorg driver (linked in the thread below) -

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libdlo/2009-June/000116.html

Use the exact xorg.conf config given in the email.

Thanks a lot to Roberto De Ioris for developing the drivers.

* sheevaplug.jpg (595.61 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 7240 times.)

jlpoole
Principal Software Engineer
Global Moderator

Principal Software Engineer -- Oracle Corporation

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 09:17:11 AM »

Did you remember to attach the picture?  I did not see any image displayed.

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation.

Rabeeh Khoury
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 09:40:57 AM »

I did.
Actually I see it in front of me right now.

Can someone else confirm?

LrdShaper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 09:57:18 AM »

I did.
Actually I see it in front of me right now.

Can someone else confirm?

Yup I see it. Little hard to view though

kilowatt
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 09:59:18 AM »

I can't see the attachment.

Mark

boerner

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 10:04:37 AM »

I am able to see the attachment correctly. I had to open it in another tab in my browser to size it correctly though...

philipl

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 10:21:33 AM »

Rabeeh,

Can this power itself over USB, or do you require an external power adapter. I'm reading these monitors don't come with a PSU - if it needs one, is it a standard 5V/2A 3.5mm unit?

pushbx

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 11:32:41 AM »

that is very cool, but we need more information.  The power question that philip asked is one big one.  Also, does the driver support the touch screen model or just the display model?  If only the display model, how do you start applications?  I suppose you need to ssh into the sheeva and run the applications from there....

Rabeeh Khoury
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 10:16:49 PM »

1. It is USB powered. The 710 monitor comes with two USB plugs with intention to draw power from two USB ports. In the plug's case a single USB connection was good enough.

2. The 710 monitor is only a monitor, the 740 monitor has the touch screen which I tried to order, but it looks unavailable.

3. For running applications I use synergy which makes you control with a single pair of kbd+mouse multiple PCs. In this case my Linux box and Linux plug (easiest is with installing quicksynergy on your Linux PC box). Note that you need to tweak it a bit; for example - http://eightpence.com/start-synergy-with-gdm-on-ubuntu/

3. Fixed the attachment thingy for Global Moderator. That was geniusly disabled somehow.

kilowatt
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2009, 06:07:36 AM »

The attachment issue is fixed.  Thanks

bfmorgan
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2009, 03:26:31 PM »

Rabeeh,
  Have you gotten this to work with the 2.6.30-rc that cbxbiker61 is compiling? I have ordered the UM-740 and it has shipped today. My intent is to get his working with a home monitoring application we are working on.

If you haven't compiled in the required additions to the 2.6.30-rc that cbxbiker61 is compiling, maybe we can ask him to do that.

The touch screen is the most interesting part of the 740 and will need the most integration work as I haven't found any drivers for this as yet. Nanovision points to a location that is suppose to have them, but the liink is broken.

Thanks,

jplug

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2009, 10:12:50 AM »

I've has a lot of trouble getting my 710 monitor to work, can any one tell me exactly what they have setup to make it work, I've tried the built-in distro as well as debian 5 on an sd card, I can't seem to get the correct kernel sources installed to compile the drivers and get X installed.

mike

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2009, 05:57:52 PM »

Hi all,

Plug is working well now with my 8GB USB hub, upon which I have my root fs.  Kernel image is located on nand...

I have the 710 and the 740 and am playing with both.

Have a full KDE desktop installed; developing some interesting apps using the Qt framework which I've built on the plug and am successfully using now.

Next step is to get the touch screen to work... has anyone made any progress in this area?

Mike

kensand

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2010, 02:55:47 PM »

Hey there,

Is it possible for you to provide a HOW-TO to get this working?
I've already installed Debian Lenny onto the Plug and I'd like to get my MIMO working.

Thanks for any assistance you may be able to provide.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: