• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Real time statistics on a running sheeva plug available  (Read 2352 times)
pushbx

View Profile
« on: June 02, 2009, 05:48:52 PM »

I started collecting runtime statistics of my sheeva plug with rrdtool and though it might be interesting to others.  I have plots for cpu usage and load, network, memory and harddisk.  These stats is for a running sheeva plug, not just one that sits around all day doing nothing.  Here's a quick list of what's running:

computingplugs.com(apache+mysql+mediawiki)
mythtv backened
vnc
ssh tunnel
nfs

You can see from the cpu usage that it is hardly working at all even with all the stuff running.  I collect data every minute and the plots are redrawn every 10 minutes.  Enjoy.

http://computingplugs.com/index.php/SheevaPlug_Real_time_Statistics

vinceskahan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 07:19:33 AM »

You can see from the cpu usage that it is hardly working at all even with all the stuff running.  I collect data every minute and the plots are redrawn every 10 minutes.  Enjoy.

The memory graph looks strange.  Are you just graphing the "free" command ?
Can you post your data collection script ?

Sheeva Plug s/n 256 received 5/19/09 - whee !!!!!!
2.6.30-rc7 kernel over Ubuntu 9.04, rootfs on SD card

pushbx

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 11:35:31 AM »

yes, I collect the data on memory with "free -o".  Here's part of the script that collects data:

/usr/bin/free -o | grep "Mem" | /usr/bin/gawk '{ print $2":"$3":"$4 ; }'`:`/usr/bin/free -o | grep "Swap" | /usr/bin/gawk '{ print $2":"$3":"$4 ; }'`

what is it that you find strange?

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: