• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: setenv digester script  (Read 994 times)
jlpoole
Principal Software Engineer
Global Moderator

Principal Software Engineer -- Oracle Corporation

View Profile
« on: May 14, 2009, 07:04:00 AM »

The posting of one's environment and then asking for help is basically an invitation to review all the variables and discern which are different from the basic install and/or which might be critical and have values not properly set.  This usually involves someone posting all their output of "setenv".

I anticipate that many others will post their environment asking the same sort of question.

So, given that the Plug has the same environment for everyone when it starts, having someone post only those variables that are different from the standard distribution is what is really desired.  Therefore, I propose having a perl script (cgi) at this web site that presents a form where you paste in your complete output of setenv and then parses it and compares with the "standard" variable hash and then reports back those that are:
  • altered
  • missing
  • added

If users were directed to submit their "setenv" output to such a form and then include the output from this cgi script in their posting t could help keep postings concise and more to the point.  I could write such a script if I knew it were desired and would be used.

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: