• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Guruplug display does boxee?  (Read 3269 times)
mgraham

View Profile
« on: February 25, 2010, 09:47:23 AM »

It's a bit hypothetical at this point, but does it seem possible that the display version of guruplug will be able to run boxee or mythfrontend?  And will it really be able to do 1080p?

I'm trying to put together a low-power media system with fileserver and wifi access point, and at this point I'm deciding between:

Guruplug server plus & Guruplug display
Guruplug server plus & fit2pci
Guruplug server plus & some nettop as the frontend (e.g. acer revo)
fit2pci only
Guruplug display only

Even with dozens of peripherals spidering out of it, the Guruplug display on its own is by far the lowest power solution, but can it handle being a frontend to a media center?

Michael

fragfutter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 11:35:50 AM »

from the block diagram it would say no. The display chip does not support hardware accelleration. The CPU does not support floating point. Decoding and displaying most likely sucks.

mgraham

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 01:33:48 PM »

Okay, thank you!

On to plan B... Smiley

fragfutter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 03:45:45 AM »

i just learned, that the gurplug display has a different CPU. Marvell says "Targeting support for up to MPEG-4 720p video, H.264 D1 30 fps" now you can try to take a guess if it will work Wink

mgraham

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 12:09:22 PM »

i just learned, that the gurplug display has a different CPU. Marvell says "Targeting support for up to MPEG-4 720p video, H.264 D1 30 fps" now you can try to take a guess if it will work Wink

Okay - that's interesting!  I was hoping for 1080p, so this probably won't work for me.  Maybe I'll wait for that quanta ebox thingy.

Michael

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: