• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: iSCSI target on SheevaPlug?  (Read 8842 times)
odoll

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2010, 02:22:48 AM »

All,

though I gave up for the time being, I'd like to understand what you mean with this:

Quote from: pingtoo
I suspect the kernel setting is not compatible with your distro setting [...]

Do you mean cbxbiker61's kernels are not suitable for the Ubuntu 9.04 version which comes with the plug? I've updated both the kernels in flash and on SD-card with his versions, where latter is the normal distro I'm using (booting from flash is only fallback). I'm considering to give the Debian Squeeze a chance and did some trial, however it will still take me some time to set it up properly and to migrate my existing setup [1].

Quote from: VMasuka
You might want to look up udev that should fix this problem for you.

? udev is installed already ?

[1] luckily I have a second spare plug, which I bought to have a backup to be save if the first dies. I want to work in parallel on this one, but when done I just want to swap SD-cards (and amend/modify uboot-settings). I recall that the system "learns" it's MAC address and saves it somewhere, which needs to be deleted before moving cards, but I can't recall which file it is...
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 02:26:20 AM by odoll » Logged

pingtoo

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2010, 06:44:38 AM »

It is been too long to remember why I think there are something incompatible. I think the /etc/init.d/script_to_start_ietd is doing more then necessary. now you have iscs_trgt loaded type the ietd command only to see what else is needed.

Good luck Smiley

Good Luck Smiley

odoll

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2010, 12:47:22 PM »

thx pingtoo, but as in http://plugcomputer.org/plugforum/index.php?topic=2329.msg13231#msg13231 it tells me:

root@Share:~# ietd
netlink fd: Protocol not supported

But can't figure out what that means ...

odoll

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2010, 04:05:58 AM »

Quote from: odoll
But can't figure out what that means ...

Why I'm lost: if I search for "netlink fd: Protocol not supported" I only get 5 matches (of which one is this thread Wink.

Two of them (e.g. https://forums.openfiler.com/viewtopic.php?id=5210) recommend to use an older kernel - strange!? Maybe I'll give at try ...

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: