• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Guru Plug disappears from network  (Read 1571 times)
Tobi_2006

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2010, 09:28:34 AM »

Hello everyone,

my Guruplug is causing some annoyance... When I turn or restart it, it usually appears on my home network, but it will disappear a while later. It used to be up to a week until that happened, now it happens twice a day. The only thing I can do then is to pull the plug and to turn it on again.

In a different forum I heard that the issue could be that the plug is not good in handling the wireless and the ethernet network at the same time, and sometimes after a hard reset I have to connect to the plug via Wifi and to switch it to WLAN client mode in order for it to appear in my network. Sometimes I can ping it without taking that step.

Does anyone know what the reason for this could be? I'm getting tired of constantly resetting it... Is there a way to switch the wireless constantly off? I'm only using it connected via ethernet anyway. I'm running the standard Debian install, and all I run on top of that is Samba and rtorrent.

Thanks for your help,
Tobi

guidol

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 05:31:08 AM »

Is there a way to switch the wireless constantly off? I'm only using it connected via ethernet anyway.
Give this URL a try: http://www.newit.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=297.0

Tobi_2006

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 11:39:10 AM »

Thanks - I did an even more radical step than the solution given in there and commented "/root/init_setup.sh" out of my rc.local. That should do the same as there, and indeed the rooter is not starting in AP mode anymore.

Nonetheless, the plug keeps disappearing from the network. It seems it is not a WLAN problem then.

I usually have to restart it (by turning the electricity off and on again) in the morning and in the evening. This is highly frustrating and I have no idea what to do anymore. The plug still has the LEDs on, but is simply gone from the network.

Tobi_2006

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 01:26:39 AM »

Hello again,
I wrote a cronjob that wrote the uptime in a file every 5 minutes. From that I could see that the guruplug is still up and running while it already disappeared from the router. It seems that the disappearence is definitely a network problem.
Is there a possible reason for my Guruplug not being pingable after a few hours?

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: