• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UPS Auto shutdown for SheevaPlug?  (Read 1527 times)
begunfx

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2010, 05:56:38 PM »

Hi All,
        I have both a sheevaplug and pogoplug (Running openpogo), and was wondering if there is a way to setup the plugs so that if there is a power outtage they can be automatically shut down using the auto shutdown feature on most UPS battery backup systems?

Thanks in advance.

UPDATE:  I dug around and found a utility called: NUT that works on Ubuntu.  It also appears that OpenPogo ported it to work with the pogoplug/sheevaplug.  Anyone have experience with setting this up?  Have any advice?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 02:50:45 PM by begunfx » Logged

MarkF

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 10:54:26 AM »

I had the NUT server running on one plug (attached to a small UPS via serial/USB) and the NUT client running on all three of my plugs scattered around the house.  It all worked as advertised.  If I remember right, the documentation was horribly out-of-date when I started configuring all of this.

Now I have my media server (not a Plug) watching a larger UPS (due to rotating media) and have the three plugs powered from that same UPS; but, not running the NUT client.  When the media server turns off after 15 minutes of power loss, the larger UPS can power the Plugs for HOURS.

Mark

begunfx

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 12:19:42 PM »

Hey Markf,
            would you mind pointing me to some docs on setting up NUT for the plug that isn't out of date?  I've seached on the web and found some info, but I'm curious as to what maybe out of date.

Thanks much!

I had the NUT server running on one plug (attached to a small UPS via serial/USB) and the NUT client running on all three of my plugs scattered around the house.  It all worked as advertised.  If I remember right, the documentation was horribly out-of-date when I started configuring all of this.

Now I have my media server (not a Plug) watching a larger UPS (due to rotating media) and have the three plugs powered from that same UPS; but, not running the NUT client.  When the media server turns off after 15 minutes of power loss, the larger UPS can power the Plugs for HOURS.

MarkF

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 08:26:54 AM »

Unfortunately, no.  The documentation I have on my machines is old and the stuff I found on the net says "Last updated: 5 July 2007".  At some point, I read enough of the NUT source code to figure things out for my particular setup.

Sorry. Sad

EDIT: Here is a how-to from 2008 for OpenSuse.  It MIGHT help.  Or not.
HowTo Link
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 08:29:24 AM by MarkF » Logged

Mark

haha0123

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 08:28:36 PM »

Druids are wow power leveling great characters wow power leveling but a lot of groups shy away wow power leveling from them because the changing characters can make wow power leveling it difficult for the other group members to know how to act. The wow cheap gold uncertainty of a druidís gold for wow spec can cause some world of warcraft power leveling problems, but there are also advantages. Some groups use a druid as primary healers, but ff14 gil more probably use them as secondary healers. Druids also make good DPS attackers. They can also be final fantasy gil good primary tanks and offtanks. If you want to join a group, you just have to know buy gil how to market yourself so that your positive attributes seem to outweigh your negatives.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: