• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 2.6.35.7 new kernel available  (Read 7432 times)
kroonen

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2010, 01:08:11 PM »

Yes I used the installation of Martins site. And used for installation those instructions

m/debian/kirkwood/openrd/install.html

don't have to change the acrnumber or something. Then use the other instructions.

in the debian installer

Create one boot partition of about 150MB ext2 for /boot (ext3, sda1) . than then the root / (sda2) and a swap

The instalation fails almost at the end, skip this and go to the next step of the installation.

If you have installed everything, mount the /boot and put the kernel you found here and put it in there.

Then tell u-boot to load it, while mentioned above.

Good luck

paketecuento

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2010, 01:52:45 AM »

Yes I used the installation of Martins site. And used for installation those instructions

m/debian/kirkwood/openrd/install.html

don't have to change the acrnumber or something. Then use the other instructions.

in the debian installer

Create one boot partition of about 150MB ext2 for /boot (ext3, sda1) . than then the root / (sda2) and a swap

The instalation fails almost at the end, skip this and go to the next step of the installation.

If you have installed everything, mount the /boot and put the kernel you found here and put it in there.

Then tell u-boot to load it, while mentioned above.

Good luck

Ok, thanks... at this stage I have the following problems:

1.- I decided (yes, stupid decision) to replace original u-boot with latest one provided by martin (3.4.27 patched). After this, egiga port is unable to work anymore (even with original uboot could get ip for tftp taks when booting).
2.- If I prepare a USB stick, as you detailed earlier in this post, the system loads uImage and initrd... but then is unable to load the kernel. This is completely annoying for me, because I think the USB stick should boot the kernel perfectly... but no way.

So, with non-origianl u-boot, no ehternet and non-booteable USB....  I'm completeley stuck ;(

any idea how to revert to origina u-boot???

thanks

birdman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2010, 06:31:34 AM »

cbxbiker61:

You've probably seen it, but there a patch listed in http://plugcomputer.org/plugforum/index.php?topic=2416.msg13565;topicseen#msg13592 that will need to go in to 2.6.36.

cbxbiker61
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2010, 01:01:00 AM »

cbxbiker61:

You've probably seen it, but there a patch listed in http://plugcomputer.org/plugforum/index.php?topic=2416.msg13565;topicseen#msg13592 that will need to go in to 2.6.36.

Thx for the pointer.  I saw the thread earlier, but I haven't been following as closely as usual due to a family illness.  I've been working remotely quite a bit.

2.6.36 is now available.

tmtben

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2011, 10:51:29 AM »

Does anybody how to solve the NIC speed of the iconnect
The problem, it only works at 1000MB, and you can't change it. I think it's a driver issue???

Hi Richard,

You can try to setup eth0 negotiated speed with ethtool, for example :

Code:
# ethtool -s eth0 speed 100 duplex full
# ethtool -s eth0 speed 10 duplex half

To make these settings permanent you need to create a script into the directory /etc/init.d/ directory and run update-rc.d command to update the script.

Tell us if it woks !

Ben

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: