• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Availability  (Read 904 times)
stevehendo34

View Profile
« on: September 29, 2010, 10:49:45 AM »

I have wanted to buy a few GuruPlug Server - PLUS plugs for some time now.
I have been checking Globalscale.

"Note: We are receiving weekly shipments of both GuruPlugs and SheevaPlugs. However, because of the popularity of both products deliveries will be around weeks from date of ordering. Please check this site regularly for updates."

What do they mean by weeks?

Are you guys getting these things after you pay for them--what time frames?

Do you think limited supply will always be the case?
I was considering offering them to my customers for home and small business.
However they would have to become readily available.

Thanks for any input Steve

NewIT

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 11:06:23 AM »

Hi Steve

We have the UK version of the GurusPlug Server Plus in stock, and the EU version is due into us on Wednesday 6/10/10.

https://www.newit.co.uk/shop/products.php?cat=11

Ira

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 08:40:50 PM »

I have wanted to buy a few GuruPlug Server - PLUS plugs for some time now.
I have been checking Globalscale.

Having bought one, waited forever to get an uprated one and taken it apart to find out why even with a fan it get's so stinking hot, I'd personally advise you to stay far away. The only way it's going to be reliable in the same case is if they make a 1/2 or 1" spaces to go between the two halves and mount the fan so it does something. All it seems to do now is make the ethernet connector seem cooler. It can't move any air as there's no space around it and the took the heat sink/spreader out so the fan would fit. Taken apart and with the 2 halves side by side and the fan tilted over at 45 degrees so it blows on the processor and it has a chance. It's rather hard to imagine that anyone who worked on the design team has a clue about power dissipation.

Other than that, it's a really cool box. I was going to open it up and put a leftover I5 heat sink on it but there's no where to mount it any more.

Ira

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: