• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Shipping GuruPlug Server  (Read 1660 times)
webhostbudd

View Profile
« on: August 31, 2010, 10:14:01 AM »

Is GlobalScale ever going to fulfill its promise to even ship me a plug. I ordered the plug May 1st, hoping to see it sometime in June. Turns out that's not happening and it's practically September, 4 months after the date of purchase. This is a little bit rediculous and removing a news post because you cannot fulfill what you stated(assuming this is the reason), is not a good PR move if you want to keep your customers happy.

Does anyone have information regarding the status of the plugs?

Ira

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 11:48:23 AM »

I called yesterday and they said mine would ship next Wednesday and I've been waiting since February. Actually I got one in May, but I sent it back because it didn't work.

Ira

raf64flo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 02:39:34 PM »

I purchased one at the end of july, I received it yesterday after sending a mail at sales@.

I'm currently wondering how connect to it via SSH or something else... Undecided

xengineer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 12:23:59 PM »

I ordered a Plug, a GuruPlug PLUS and a JTAG interface in April of 2010 thru GlobalScale Technologies.
Thought I would use the Plug to get started on a project. It was in stack and Guruplug would ship in a few weeks.
After calling in May to see what the problem was :
I got the Plug in the end of June. Developed project as needed, but need Guruplug to test on.
Never got any status updates, called a few times and told about heat problems.
Saw on some blogs they had been shipping - called Dec. 15th and told it will be shipped that day.
Well it's the 20th of Dec 2010 and no tracking number yet!
Customer is long gone, project was waste of time (due to no product in hand).
What a shame companies act like this.

xengineer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 01:44:53 PM »

Just got my GuruPlug and JTAG. Was never informed it was really shipped, and no tracking number was ever posted.
Was not packaged very well, no packing peanuts under box in the shipping box. Just a hand full on top.
Something rattles if you shake it. Plugged it in - I thought this was a quite plug computer!?
It has a fan - and a kinda noisy one at that.  After waiting since April, only to get something that is louder than
my desktop computer. Too late to keep a customer, and it make noise.
What a waste of my time and money.
I'm not even going to use it - just leave it on the shelf to show other engineers what a bad job of engineering and marketing look like.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: