• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Installing EPIA made my Windows USB keyboard and mouse stop working  (Read 1149 times)
jk-menifee

View Profile
« on: August 13, 2010, 11:04:30 AM »

Hello all,

I installed setupESIA-2.0.5.exe on my Windows Vista computer. At the very end, when it asked me if I wanted to run a test application at the conclusion of installation, the USB keyboard and mouse stopped working. The keyboard works during the boot process and then stops working once Windows is up. Safe mode doesn't work; neither did attempting to select restoring the last known working configuration from the F8 menu on bootup.

I'm going to keep working on SheevaPlug with my Linux laptop but I hope  I can get the Windows machine up before my wife gets home from work or she's gonna be pissed...

I see this happened at least once before: http://plugcomputer.org/plugforum/index.php?topic=1400.msg8726#msg8726 but there was no followup so I don't know what that person did to resolve the issue if anything. I also haven't found anything about this in the documents on Sourceforge so I'm trying to help myself but am having no luck.

Please advise.

John K.

jk-menifee

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 11:32:38 AM »

Some more searching revealed it's a problem with libusb-win32. Something about running it in compatibility mode. I didn't see an option for that but anyway I apparently need to get a PS/2 keyboard or mouse from the office and use it to log in and fix the machine. Sucks.

rooster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 11:35:15 AM »

Uninstall libusb, in some cases (w7/Vista) there have been issues with installation of this driver, my advise for all windows users is to use Linux even on VM works, windows is not the best OS for this.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: