• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 3.0 new kernel available  (Read 2124 times)
cbxbiker61
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: July 22, 2011, 06:22:37 AM »

3.0 is now available.  Somehow it feels refreshing to leave 2.6 behind.

Note that the README-* files have been updated to handle the new versioning.  So please update those files first.

For everything besides Dreamplugs:
sudo ./README-PLUG-UPDATE.sh 3.0 --nandkernel (installs 3.0 to nand)

For Dreamplugs:
sudo ./README-DREAM-UPDATE.sh 3.0 (installs 3.0 to disk)

Kernel and modules are available from the following locations:

The mirror may not always be current.

http://www.plugapps.com/mirror/with-linux/
http://sheeva.with-linux.com/sheeva/

Features systemd, e-sata, dmcrypt, IPV6, CIFS, NFS4, EXT3, EXT4, JFS, XFS, FUSE(for ntfs-3g), UBIFS, usb-serial, uvcvideo, iptables, appletalk, bluetooth, v4l and ppp.

bwooster0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 06:52:19 PM »

Thanks for the notice. I have a linux desktop and a Dreamplug. When I run the script it installs files onto the desktops hard drive instead of onto the dreamplug SD card (that I mount with a USB adaptor).

Perhaps the script could be modified to install the files onto directories given to the script as parameters? For example,

./script 3.00 /media/dp_kernel /media/dp_debian

The first directory would be the location to install the uImage file to and the second directory would be the location to install the modules to.

cbxbiker61
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 08:05:58 PM »

Thanks for the notice. I have a linux desktop and a Dreamplug. When I run the script it installs files onto the desktops hard drive instead of onto the dreamplug SD card (that I mount with a USB adaptor).

Perhaps the script could be modified to install the files onto directories given to the script as parameters? For example,

./script 3.00 /media/dp_kernel /media/dp_debian

The first directory would be the location to install the uImage file to and the second directory would be the location to install the modules to.

I'd say the majority of users run the script on a running plug, so I'm not too sure that would be widely useful.  I'd say just make a local copy of the script that works the way you want it to and use that.  I've changed the scripts a couple of times to deal with new directory trees on the server (should be good to go for a while, now that the 3.X changes are in).

birdman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 05:12:22 PM »

It hasn't shown an update for a while.   It hasn't yet got any of the 2.6.39.x series.

cbxbiker61
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 07:49:46 PM »

It hasn't shown an update for a while.   It hasn't yet got any of the 2.6.39.x series.

Yeah, I know.  There's an issue with rsync that's kept the mirror from working for about a month.

I might be interested in another mirror site if somebody with good bandwidth is willing to volunteer.  It might also help us isolate the problem with rsync and the first mirror site.  I've been able to rsync within my network without problems.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: