• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Beware GlobalScale!  (Read 2113 times)
lgnome

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2010, 01:47:30 PM »

Watch out for GlobalScale Technologies!!!

I returned/RMA'ed my Guruplug for the same (unsolved) heat reasons as everyone else is experiencing.

6+ weeks later and NO credit back on my credit card.

Freaking Thieves!!!

Now I get to contest it all with my credit card company.

Why oh Why doesn't Marvell DO something about this.   
Such a great idea for a product that  they are letting fail due to very poor choices in OEM partners.
Marvell, are you listening?  You'd better or you can kiss off a HUGE (potential) revenue stream...

Mark

UnaClocker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 11:46:51 AM »

I don't think you'll be able to dispute it this far out. 6 weeks since you returned it, and how long after you paid did you get it? Probably 6 more weeks? 3+ months out, the payment is long since done, there's no pulling back that money now. But let us know how it works out.

SheevaPlug - 8gb class 4 SDHC primary drive, 4tb 3.5" media drive, Debian Wheezy, nginx, Samba, Shorewall

lgnome

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 01:27:36 PM »

Actually, I don't think I will have much problem with my credit card company, but we shall see.
The transaction is of course "complete", but that is very common with internet sales and vendors lie all the time with "Oh don't worry, you will see a credit on your next statement".

I just want to warn the folks reading this that it CAN and WILL happen to them.  If you have a problem with GlobalScale (which many/most of you will have sometime), they will try to rip you off.

Don't let them!

Or even better, complain to Marvell, the BBB, whoever will listen

AND

Whatever you do, DO NOT DEAL WITH GlobalScale. 

*** Full Rant alert ON ***

Why Marvell deals with such a criminal organization, I do not understand

On a related note, I dare anyone to defend GlobalScale regarding the GuruPlug heat problem.

All they had to do is plug one into the wall for 15 minutes to see there was a very obvious problem.

They shipped a piece of crap and they knew it.  There is no excuse for that, none.

And now they are saying that it is only a problem with gigabit networks, what a joke, just more lies.

Over the next few weeks, those of you with working GuruPlugs will be adding threads like:
"The capacitors on my GuruPlug just blew today" or something like that.  (Unmodified) GuruPlugs will have problems due to the excessive heat inside that box, it is just a matter of weeks, maybe a month or two for those lucky few.  What good is the product if it fails like that?  It needs to be a reliable as a toaster, THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT.  If it isn't, just stick with a good olde proven slug or NetTop or something similiar.

*** Flame Bait section ***   

FLAME ON----

Sorry, but this junk comes from the same place the poisons our kids and pets.  Or who feeds cardboard disguised as food to their own people (never heard about that one?, well it did happen) .  Why did I expect anything different in this case?  I shouldn't have...

FLAME OFF---

rabinnh

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 06:31:02 AM »

GlobalScale is a joke, no question.  They are too small and have not prepared  for success, meaning that they are unprepared to meet demand via their logistics, and also to deal with technical issues.  They may have competent engineers, but it is apparent that they have incompetent managers.

As far as Marvell is concerned, they have "bureaucratitis".  Plug computers are a tiny part of their revenue.  Until they see a bigger impact on their spreadsheets, they will assign an extremely low priority to any issues.  This is a major problem with large companies that somehow manage to create innovative technologies.  The Plug computer is such a great idea that it is becoming successful in spite of, not because of Marvell.  If they really wanted to manage it properly, it could become a major revenue stream for them.

But who is going to launch a new product based on a technology with unpredictable supply and questionable quality, no matter how promising? 

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: