• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GuruPlug Plus - Rootfs - Factory Reset?  (Read 2768 times)
Karloss

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2010, 03:07:09 AM »

Hey Guys,

I recently received my GuruPlus and as per our last emails, I was having some problems, though I seem to have sorted the biggest issues..

I have managed to follow the guide here - http://www.plugcomputer.org/plugwiki/index.php/Reflashing_images_on_the_GuruPlug

and have successfully re-flashed the "original stock" rootfs image from here - http://openplug.org/index.php/us/resources/downloads?func=fileinfo&id=78

Now the plug boots, but there seem to be lots of mini issues I wasn't expecting...

1, only my top (there are 4 in a "ring") LED works when booted, used to have them all alight?
2, my wifi doesn't seem to be starting? (Nothing listed under ifconfig)
3, the administration web site is missing? (Just displayed the lightppd placeholder)

Is there a reason as to why this rootfs doesn't appear to be "stock" i.e. the way the plug was when it arrived?

any help or pointers are much welcomed.

Thanks

Karl

big_ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 03:21:58 PM »

The files posted are updated from the ones shipped afaik. The wifi driver is probably not loading because it is expected in a different directory (since the kernel version is slightly different and the directory name is based off the kernel version). If you try modprobing the wifi driver yourself it will still fail because of the "magic" version string it was compiled against. Basically the rootfs is built against a kernel and this one was likely built against the newer kernel. There is also a known issue with the factory loaded u-boot loading the new kernel build (apparently their are some numbers switched that they correct in the posted versions). So basically you're best off using the new u-boot, kernel and rootfs that are posted.

Hope that helps.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: