• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: USB audio on NAND flash  (Read 1378 times)
paketecuento

View Profile
« on: July 11, 2010, 01:33:22 AM »

Hi,

after reading several posts (also the wiki) about using USB audio devices on sheeva, there is no way to get it working on NAND flash instead of USB or SD rootfs.

My system is debian with kernel provided by installer (ubuntu also seems to fail). Other recent kernels also present the same behavior.

Installed
Code:
alsa-base alsa-utils alsa-oss alsa-compat
(and all dependencies needed by those packages as explained everywhere). No /dev/dsp is created nor snd_pcm_oss module. Modprobe that module gives "no such file or directory" error. The question is that the same procedure is ok in a SD or USB rootfs, but in NAND always fails. No /dev/mixerXXX is created too.

Alsamixer also fails, because of the above mentioned problems.

The sound card is recognized.
Code:
lsusb
reports "Tenx manufacturer USB audio".
Code:
aplay -l
  works and show the card information. All seems to be ok but oss components and /dev/dsp  related....

any experience with that??

thanks,

sebbo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 06:30:11 PM »

i had a similar problem. my mpd setup didn't want to play music anymore. no error message and so on. basically the same problems you ran into.

somehow my "cardnumber" seemed to be changed. calling aplay without parameters told me something like this:
Code:
ALSA lib confmisc.c:768:(parse_card) cannot find card '0'
aplay -l told me, that my audiocard's id is 1. so i changed the line
Code:
device "hw:0,0"
in my /etc/mpd.conf to
Code:
device "hw:1,0"
and everything was working nice again... Smiley

also alsamixer did not work, but calling it like "alsamixer -c 1" worked. this paramter forces alsamixer to open the mixers for card 1 and not card 0, which seems to be default if you have only one card installed.

i have no clue why this happened (i'm looking in your direction, udev), but i hope this information helps you finding the solution for your problems...

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: