• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: ARMADA-100 Plugcomputer  (Read 11666 times)
UnaClocker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2010, 08:23:19 PM »

What would you do with it?
It might be handy in a car application. small LCD display that supports 720p/HDMI built into the dash, with this driving it. Smiley

SheevaPlug - 8gb class 4 SDHC primary drive, 4tb 3.5" media drive, Debian Wheezy, nginx, Samba, Shorewall

MarkF

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2010, 07:01:20 AM »

Maybe future plugs should use ARM 7. My Droid does after all... Tongue
Or ARM 11 or a multi-core Cortex-A9. Cheesy
Needless to say, we all need to remember that these devices are designed for headless automation and server purposes, and not really for use directly by end users.
Except the version we are talking about has an HDMI port (for digital video and audio).  This implies it could output directly to an HDTV and could make use of a relatively complete OS (including a UI).  I would rather run an Android mid build on this than Ubuntu; but, I can't seem to find out if the integrated graphics support OpenGL ES acceleration.

Mark

hungarianhc

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2010, 12:36:21 PM »

I just really want them to stick that 2ghz CPU in there... they've been talking about this forever. I'm bored with this current generation of CPU technology.

charles67
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2010, 04:06:39 PM »

Yes, how much $ and when? Also, please don't take 4 weeks to ship. Smiley

Well good luck getting anything from Globalscale THAT fast.

I've been waiting almost 2 months, they don't answer emails or return phone calls.

bushwacker

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2010, 05:18:50 PM »

Except the version we are talking about has an HDMI port (for digital video and audio).  This implies it could output directly to an HDTV and could make use of a relatively complete OS (including a UI).  I would rather run an Android mid build on this than Ubuntu; but, I can't seem to find out if the integrated graphics support OpenGL ES acceleration.

Ever heard of Pogo Plug?  This is a multimedia server centric embedded device. not a "plug," but close.

MarkF

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2010, 06:20:40 AM »

Ever heard of Pogo Plug?  This is a multimedia server centric embedded device. not a "plug," but close.
Yes I have.  I've seen those on display at our local CompUSA store.  I believe that is a "Plug" in a different box with pre-defined software.  While interesting, it is not what we are discussing on this thread. Wink

Mark

jessica_l

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2010, 09:21:50 PM »

The feature is cool. But it seems quite lack in GPS and make sure about the power supply. Is the internet access clear to this?

« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 07:31:00 AM by Rabeeh Khoury » Logged

MarkF

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2010, 06:12:29 AM »

Jessica - These appear to be intended to be plugged into the wall mains (AC) so why would lack of GPS be a limiting factor?  Are you thinking this would be good as a car PC?  If so, you probably want to change the power supply since going from DC to an inverter (AC) to DC would be less efficient than DC to DC.

I don't understand what you are asking in your last question.  Sorry. Sad

Mark

tylernt

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2010, 07:05:04 AM »

Jessica -

I don't understand what you are asking in your last question.  Sorry. Sad
The commercial link at the bottom of her post appears to be spam. Sad

Rabeeh Khoury
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2010, 07:30:36 AM »

Dear jessica_l,

I hope that you are a human and not a bot (I find it hard for a bot to answer such an intelligent post).
I removed the ads in your post, please don't abuse the forums !!!!

« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 07:56:02 AM by Rabeeh Khoury » Logged

charles67
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2010, 03:33:24 PM »

Well looking around their site, I found some information...
The GOOD news is that they are all over the place, Buy.com Amazon, even NewEgg, and I found the price as low as 79.99 USD.

the BAD news is that many of the reviews on Amazon are fraudulent entries from employees or paid 'shills'. As it turns out that the wonderful glowing reviews are from people who have never reviewed anything else, ever.   Undecided  The newer reviewers noted this so proceed with caution.

sigh ...

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: