• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: guruplug plus not booting  (Read 1168 times)
schnupfy

View Profile
« on: September 04, 2010, 06:04:15 PM »

Hi there,

not sure if that is the right area in the forum, but I think I have lost access to my guruplug plus. I have attached an external harddisk, put an xfs filesystem onto it and put it into /etc/fstab. It seems that since I have done that the plug is not accessible anymore (after reboot). I don't have a JTAG UART cable for the device nor the JTAG board that could be ordered at globalscale.

What would the right approach be to solve my problem?

I guess it gets stuck with the fs mount before it actually starts the network services Sad With a terminal connection one could skip the mount or something, but I guess that is not possible at the moment as I do not have a serial terminal right? What would I have to organize to get this, or is there another way to get access to the guruplug?

Thanks in advance,
Marcus

guidol

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 06:27:16 AM »

I guess it gets stuck with the fs mount before it actually starts the network services Sad With a terminal connection one could skip the mount or something, but I guess that is not possible at the moment as I do not have a serial terminal right? What would I have to organize to get this, or is there another way to get access to the guruplug?
wouldnt the mount timeout if you disconnect your external drive?

schnupfy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 11:38:31 AM »

no, because if it is in /etc/fstab it will ask for the root password for maintenance or press CTRL+D to continue which requires console input Sad

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: