• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wanted to buy -- Sheevaplug V 1.3 pcb from Sheevaplug with dead power supply  (Read 2202 times)
superpat

View Profile
« on: June 17, 2010, 02:09:55 PM »

Hi

I would like to purchase a Sheevaplug V1.3  (the later single board version) pcb , from anyone whose unit  has suffered a power supply failure and who has no further use for it.

I.e.  if you out of warranty, and are not prepared to use an external power supply or have given up waiting for GlobalScale to come up with their $10 replacement power supply.

I  have an idea I would like to try which involves  permanently embedding the Sheeva pcb in another device.  My own Sheevaplug is still running,  so I do not want to break mine up yet!

If you want to get rid of yours, please P.M. me with your price.  All I want is the pcb, nothing else.

regards

Patrick

superpat

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 09:51:41 AM »

Hi,

I thought I had better point out  GlobalScale are offering their $9.95 replacement power supply now

regards

P

c128

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 03:25:09 AM »

Hi,

I thought I had better point out  GlobalScale are offering their $9.95 replacement power supply now

regards

P

mmm...bit curious on this.

I bought in the UK around 6 months ago, and I'm assuming that any fix/workaround for my broken PSU will be carried out under warranty and won't incur any sort of charge, being that it's a manufacturing and specification issue.

What's the word on this from Globalscale?  I guess I don't know what the deal is in the States/rest of the world with regard to this sort of thing, but in the UK we have legislation regarding durability ( http://whatconsumer.co.uk/how-long-should-it-last ) and I'd definitely argue that a Sheevaplug should last longer than 6 months without faults!

fragfutter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 04:21:33 AM »

if you bought from globalscales USA, they are not bound by UK (or EU) laws. They state a 30day warranty.

if you bought as an end user from a EU Reseller, you have a two year warranty and need to contact your reseller.

c128

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 06:05:45 AM »

if you bought as an end user from a EU Reseller, you have a two year warranty and need to contact your reseller.

Yeah, I guess I wasn't awfully clear there.  I know the EU laws regarding a two year warranty in general on goods (although I also know the problems folk in the UK have had trying to enforce this for other goods with suppliers/manufacturers) - if that's what you mean?  Looking in the box (that I've just re-found ;-) ) there's mention of a 12 month Limited Warranty anyway.

I guess I was more concerned about what the default response would be on this issue.  I'd expect a UK reseller to just repair/replace or refund within 12 months by default, hence I was a bit surprised to see a pay-option from Globalscale for what appears to be a manufacturing fault...but if that's just for the poor folk stateside with only 3 month warranty coverage, then I guess that explains it :-(.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: