Hi Plugcomputer users!
In order to develop OSGi apps on top of SheevaPlug (and OpenRD-Client, same CPU as SheevaPlug) since a couple of weeks a ready-to-use and easy-to-activate OSGi+JVM Add-on is available to the Plugcomputer following. The OSGi+JVM Add-on will be supplied on a SD-card (fits into card slot of your SheevaPLug or OpenRD-Client) that includes the following:Certified commercial OSGi R4 framework:
Reliable and optimized JVM:
- ProSyst mBedded Server Professional Edition (with rich Resource Management capabilities)
Eclipse plug-in tool for OSGi bundle development:Java source code optimization tool:
- Special Edition of WebSphere Everyplace Custom Environment VM (J9) by MicroDoc (with Resource Management extensions)
ProSyst demo applications:
- ProSyst JProfiler (time-limited version)
- OSGi Bundle Admin, OSGi User Admin, Resource Logger
- UPnP Devices Manager
- Web Cameras Manager, Media Server Admin (optional)
The OSGi+JVM Add-on can be obtained at the same online store where you can buy SheevaPlug and OpenRD-Client. Further information regarding OSGi technology and ProSyst's mBS Professional Edition are available on the ProSyst website.