• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OSGi Software for Plugcomputer following  (Read 3697 times)
ProSyst

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2009, 04:53:23 AM »

Hi Plugcomputer users!

In order to develop OSGi apps on top of SheevaPlug (and OpenRD-Client, same CPU as SheevaPlug) since a couple of weeks a ready-to-use and easy-to-activate OSGi+JVM Add-on is available to the Plugcomputer following. The OSGi+JVM Add-on will be supplied on a SD-card (fits into card slot of your SheevaPLug or OpenRD-Client) that includes the following:

Certified commercial OSGi R4 framework:
  • ProSyst mBedded Server Professional Edition (with rich Resource Management capabilities)

Reliable and optimized JVM:
  • Special Edition of WebSphere Everyplace Custom Environment VM (J9) by MicroDoc (with Resource Management  extensions)

Eclipse plug-in tool for OSGi bundle development:
  • ProSyst mToolkit

Java source code optimization tool:
  • ProSyst JProfiler (time-limited version)

ProSyst demo applications:
  • OSGi Bundle Admin, OSGi User Admin, Resource Logger
  • UPnP Devices Manager
  • Web Cameras Manager, Media Server Admin (optional)

The OSGi+JVM Add-on can be obtained at the same online store[1] where you can buy SheevaPlug and OpenRD-Client. Further information regarding OSGi technology and ProSyst's mBS Professional Edition are available on the ProSyst website[2].

Cheers,
ProSyst

[1] www.globalscaletechnologies.com/p-27-osgi-jvm-add-on-for-sheevaplug-dev-kit-on-sd-card.aspx
[2] www.prosyst.com

nickom

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 12:52:04 PM »

Do you know if the OSGi release for Sheevaplug will work on the guruplug? , I had the wrong version sent to me, (the one on the full size SD was sent) but I have the Guruplug which i understand requires the micro sd version, I have copied the files on to  micro sd card but having no luck getting the thing to run, any help is greatly appreciated

thanks
Nick

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: