• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Replacement Sheevaplug power supply: What's the best thing to do?  (Read 4545 times)
hungarianhc

View Profile
« on: June 03, 2010, 08:47:20 AM »

Hi All,

I'm very angry about my "out of warranty" dead Sheevaplug power supply, and I'd like to get this thing back up and running for as little money as possible. What's the best route? What's the cheapest device I can buy, only to gut it, and remove the PSU from? Or I've also heard that Global Scale might offer $10 power supply replacements. What's the best path here?

Thanks!

DubYa

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 08:53:12 AM »

I don't have the link handy but there is an ongoing fairly good thread on options for this might be worth finding and reading that.

Tom

Sol, 3rd Rock, North American near the Middle Coast 4318'00N

fragfutter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 03:23:49 PM »

if you can get your hands on a 5V/3A psu buy it. A bigger electronic shop should have one (for example conrad). Costs about 10$.

If you can't find one, buy a powered USB hub with at least four ports. For each port the PSU needs to provide 0.5A, you can do the math. Will cost also around 10$.

A 2Amp PSU is enough, but  a little reserve is not bad.

mhtsaras

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 03:49:55 PM »

Replacing sheeva's psu with a new external 5v/3A ps adapter, what is the power draw in watts?
Is it the same with the sheeva's psu or more?

two9er

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 05:12:35 PM »

Your mentioned 5v/3A power supply can deliver 15 watts. Your sheeveplug draws what it needs. Barring power supply efficiencies and overhead, the power draw should be very similar.

HTH, Jim

Just plugging away! GuruPlug Server Plus, 1TB esata hd, 8GB microSD (rfs)

hungarianhc

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 07:33:55 PM »

I don't have the link handy but there is an ongoing fairly good thread on options for this might be worth finding and reading that.

Tom
I'm that other thread... I just want a link to the globalscale replacement psu! I can't find it!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: