• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Warning: GlobalScale are Thieves  (Read 5543 times)
tinker

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2010, 11:13:23 PM »

And on that point, if all the plugs did not include a power supply then whoever provides them could ship just the computer itself (optionally) with a list of recommended  power supplies that could be picked up quite cheaply in each country... therefor halving the international shipping costs of the computer itself.

But then it would not be a plug computer.  Better that hey fix the thermal problems

redtricycle

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2010, 01:52:42 PM »

How do I cancel my order?  Do I have to call them?  I think I'm going to buy the WD World Edition and hack that to run Linux instead of waiting for a product that never comes.

I ordered 5/8/10, and they charged me the same day.  It's now June 25th and status is still "Not Yet Shipped"

Here's their contact info if anybody else wants to cancel:
 Globalscale Technologies, Inc. (U.S.A.)
 1200 N. Van Buren Street, Unit #D
 Anaheim, CA 92807
 U.S.A.
 Tel: +1-714-632-9239
 Fax: +1-714-632-7550

fedor

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2010, 05:47:17 AM »

Good to see nothing has changed at GlobalScale. They happily charge your account but are not so happy to provide any information on your order at all.

Where have all those people defending GlobalScale last year gone I wonder?

zzort

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2010, 01:50:50 PM »

I ordered 5/8/10, and they charged me the same day.  It's now June 25th and status is still "Not Yet Shipped"

I have waited 10 weeks and sent 4 emails to which they have not replied. They charged me on day 1 of course.

This company seems to be at best utterly incompetent.

sk.akties

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2010, 06:05:56 AM »

[...]
This company seems to be at best utterly incompetent.

I think GS shipped a batch of malfunctioning Guruplug devices in May and they are now working as hell to correct the design errors
or else a whole community of users will get angry. It is time that they remove for the time being the Quality certificates from
their site: http://www.globalscaletechnologies.com/t-qualityassurance.aspx

It is a shame that there is no communication at all to buyers of the first batch  Undecided

PaulW

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2010, 09:14:39 AM »

I contacted them shortly after I received my first GuruPlug Server Plus and arranged for a RMA. I sent them the plug back and was refunded the costs of shipping with little delay. I have also called them a few times, always being able to get someone to give me an idea of when the new plugs would be shipping. Granted the time frames have been off, but you should be able to get an answer from them. Perhaps your not taking the time difference into consideration when calling? I believe they are in Cali

cec7232
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2010, 01:24:32 PM »

thanks for the info, how can they just carry on like this, sure doesn't show much care for the customer. I won't be one having read all this.

charles67
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2010, 03:44:09 PM »

I ordered on May 15, and like everyone else they charged my card that day. I've called and emailed. I spoke to the operator a week ago, and she told me someone would call back in 30 minutes .

Well guess what!! No one ever called what a let down.  Shocked

Maybe we can get Foxcon to make these things, THEY don't seem to have any supply line difficulties. After all who do you think makes Dell, HP, and Compaq computers?!  As if that wasn't enough they are now making their own lines of motherboards and other PC components.

Also Dell is presently scared witless that Foxcon is going to start their  own line of PC's.

http://www.foxconnchannel.com/

Globalscale should be called globalscam.

Magus

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2010, 05:11:51 PM »

I did a pre-order in February and only recently got my unit. Sure it took a long time to deliver, but I got my unit plus the free Jtag. I agree communication both email, and navigating their phone system is a nightmare.

I know some of my class mates canceled, and whilst Global advised them, on the same day that a reverse transaction was going through, it took virtually a week before the transaction registered in  their Bank Account. This I think you cannot blame Global, but more of a case of the Banks.

I was not happy to learn about the heat issue, but I've so far had no problem because I'm only using a 10/100 ethernet connection.

Reading between the lines, the delays have been caused by Global's Engineers working on the fix. Probably they stopped producing units until a fix was evident. There is no point to continue to produce suspect product.

If they were thieves they wouldn't have given refunds. I will probably ask for an upgrade kit, but at the moment I'm happy with what I've got.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: