Does anyone from GlobalScale read these forums or answer questions on them?
No, they don't, or at least they don't post.
It has now been two months since I ordered a GuruPlug Server Plus and there has been no word from them. GlobalScale were prompt to take payment, but have not been prompt about anything else.
Reading around on the forums it seems the GuruPlugs have some hardware problems (e.g. overheating circuitboards, failing power supplies) and some software problems (e.g. setting ethernet to 1Gbps crashes the computer). So now I find myself in the position of waiting longer than expected for a product that may be broken, having paid months ago.
Does anyone have an informed answer to these questions:
1. Do GlobalScale accept that there are serious problems with some or all of the GuruPlugs that have been shipped out?
I called and spoke with them; they're making a replacement board that I was told will ship in early June.
2. Are the shipping delays at all related to the hardware and software problems - that is, are GlobalScale doing anything to fix these problems before shipping new GuruPlugs out?
They supposedly have a replacement board that will be out soon.
3. Why does the website warn of a 4-week shipping delay when delays seem to be at least twice that?
They're terrible at communication. It's said that since before the first shipments came.
4. Can GlobalScale offer any assurance that, when we finally receive our GuruPlugs, they will work?
Probably not, but we can hope, right?
5. What support do GlobalScale promise to customers whose GuruPlugs have he problems mentioned above?
They had me RMA my Plus last week; it's currently on its way to them (at their cost).
It would be great if some official representative of GlobalScale could get on this thread and answer some of our questions.
The only way you're going to get any official word would be phone. Their PBX is primitive, but pressing '0' got me to a real person who could process an RMA.