• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Fried SheevaPlug !!!  (Read 18480 times)
doublecheese

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2010, 12:34:03 AM »

@ Fragfutter

Thanks for the info Smiley))

BTW, it's been 15 days my Sheeva is working perfectly well and no heat up issues , everytime I touch it the Sheeva is just a little warm , nothing like compared to before !!!

mhtsaras

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2010, 02:43:35 PM »

I opened my sheevaplug and made some holes on the plastic case for the metal heat spreader to breathe but I found out that the heat is relatively high again especially in the summer hot days.
I think that the only way to keep the plug cooler is to replace the power supply with an external one.
Having in mind that many sheeva users have dead and melted power supplies and that generally heat is very bad for the life of chips, I 'm allready searching for a new 5V 3A (based on the sheevaplug specs) power supply.

doublecheese

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2010, 11:23:40 PM »

Having in mind that many sheeva users have dead and melted power supplies and that generally heat is very bad for the life of chips, I 'm allready searching for a new 5V 3A (based on the sheevaplug specs) power supply.

You're doing the right thing !!!

Magus

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2010, 11:03:43 AM »

I called global when my unit got very warm. They said they are now using their own designed "Power Supply", which they manufacture themselves. They decided to go this route so they can control the quality of the components. Therefore, I ordered a replacement. Has anyone got theirs yet, and how is it performing?

brclarke
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2010, 01:32:31 AM »

I bought a sheevaplug from globalscale technologies. Was a fantastic little device! Until... the power supply fried itself for no reason a few weeks ago.
opening a few holes on the plastic case  or adding some sort of extra passive heat sink sound like a good idea, I'll do that next time.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: