• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: mplayer volume setting on USB SoundWave  (Read 2427 times)
rooster
« on: April 28, 2009, 12:22:29 AM »

Hi gang,

I have the SIIG USB SoundWave 7.1 Pro audio dongle and wanted to hear some music from my plug, so I got mplayer and enabled USB sound in kernel config (BTW if you disable the Marvell KW driver the kernel oppses).

So now I can play music via: "mplayer -ao alsa:device=hw=1.0  /song_path.mp3" but when trying to change the volume i get the following error:
"mvCLAudioCodecRegGet: Error while reading register!" and the volume does not change"

For some reason it looks like mplayer tries to open the SoC sound device which is not functional on this board instead of my SIIG, any clue why this could happen?

BTW, I am using LSPed kernel, not mainline one.

rooster
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 12:48:46 AM »

Ok, it seems that the errors
mvCLAudioCodecRegGet: Error while reading register!
[AO_ALSA] Unable to find simple control 'PCM',0.mvCLAudioCodecRegGet: Error while reading register!

can be ignored since the volume does get affected after all, just annoying printing scattered my sight. Wink

tap

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 05:47:11 AM »

@rooster,

Did you get this working with the default 2.6.18 kernel or where you able to get it working with the later versions? (.30)
thanks
TPl

rooster
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 04:10:42 AM »

I got it working on 2.6.22.18, I would guess it would also work out with 2.6.22.30

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: