• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Guruplug power failure (230V-50Hz, IT)  (Read 1368 times)
kaeso

View Profile WWW
« on: May 19, 2010, 02:12:52 AM »

Hi,
I just received a guruplug (standard, plus jtag board) and after plugging and powering, it lasted exactly two hours before dying.
I saw someone else on this forum is having boot problem, but in this case it looks like the power supply is having difficulties instead.
Now, when plugged-in, it has only led number one (power led) blinking continuously, and nothing else. No serial output, no wifi/wired connection, no boot-up.
Tried a u-boot re-flashing with no luck, as I fear it is getting not enough power to switch it on.

I'm quite worried, as it was just unboxed and lived only for two hours, staying idle.
In that meantime it got no external cable connection (no usb, no eth, no jtag), so I wasn't surely demanding too much power.
It may have been just a defective PSU, but I've already heard of other power failures in this forum.
As a note, the network output here in Italy is nominally 230V-50Hz like rest of Europe.

As a precautionary measure, if you just got one of those and your network is not a 110V one, you may consider using a voltage step-down converter.

Before opening up for inspection (thus breaking warranty), I've mailed globalscale, and I'm now waiting for a reply.
I'll keep you informed...

peter a

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 11:24:02 AM »

I`m still waiting for my Guroplug from NewIt , they have told the people who ordered off them and still waiting :-

"Globalscale have said the reason for the part delivery is due to QA issues with the power supply’s in the units , therefore they have started to have new power supply’s delivered in and have replaced the power supply's in our units before we receive them in this week."

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: