• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Extension cord for the Plug?  (Read 1229 times)
feffer

View Profile
« on: May 13, 2010, 08:37:56 AM »

OK, probably a really dumb question, but is the cord supplied with the Sheeva Plug an extension cord? It looks like the 2 prong mail connector on the Sheeva is designed to snap out. However, I pushed pretty hard on mine and it didn't snap out. I don't want to break it! Is there a trick to getting it out easily, or should I just push really hard? After getting it out, I assume the figure-8 end of the cord can be plugged into the Sheeva -- is that right?

I'm a little confused because someone mentioned the figure-8 cord as a European extension. That doesn't sound right, though. I'm in the U.S. and need to use an extension cord with my Sheeva. Can I use the figure-8 one supplied in the box?

thx,
feffer

fragfutter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 09:30:44 AM »

just push. The hook is between the two pins at the end the middle of the plug. You can try to apply pressure there, but you cant reach the hook.

It will reveal a simple figure eight connector (it's an IEC-C7, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEC_connector)

feffer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 11:23:42 AM »

Thx for the link. It is a C-7 connector. Then I can use that in the U.S. 120 volt with no problem?

fragfutter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 01:37:31 PM »

yes. The plug is rated 50-60Hz 110-240V. There should be a label on the plug stating this.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: