GuruPlug, wireless: uap8xxx kernel module and the uaputl setup utility

<< < (2/3) > >>

flipflip:
Yeah, for a wireless client. But for a wireless access point you need the uap8xxx and the corresponding setup/configuration utility.
And I haven't found the sources for the uaputl program. The driver is in the kernel patches mentioned above.

Juanisan:
I want these sources as well.  I am trying to use Slackware on the GuruPlug and just hit this road block.  I copied the binary from the debian but that's kinda cheesy.

alanfranz:
Still no luck with this? I think many people might need it, and it's not a crucial piece of software, most probably its release was just forgotten... no news from globalscale or marvell?

creeble:
Quote from: alanfranz on September 01, 2010, 03:31:57 PM

Still no luck with this? I think many people might need it, and it's not a crucial piece of software, most probably its release was just forgotten... no news from globalscale or marvell?

I'd like source out of principle, but the executable works across multiple kernels, so it doesn't seem like a big deal.

alanfranz:
You can never know for how long it will work. It might just stop suddenly because of a change. Also, such executable is NOT statically linked, it may be very system-dependant.

Also, I seem unable to have it work on OpenWRT with a 2.6.35.4 kernel, and some guys from Fedora are experiencing similar issue as well lately:

http://www.spinics.net/linux/fedora/fedora-arm/msg00663.html

If it were and enduser device I wouldn't complain, but since Guruplug is developer-oriented I think that, as a developer, I should be given full access to what I need.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page