• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Any news on GuruPlug shipping dates?  (Read 2793 times)
zzort

View Profile
« on: April 21, 2010, 11:20:09 AM »

We're most of the way through April now - does anyone have any news on when the GuruPlug will start shipping, or what GlobalScale are waiting for?

fragfutter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 01:44:46 PM »

newit.co.uk states guruplugs are due 27.april

MarkF

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 07:26:48 AM »

The E-Mail I received on April 1 said:
Due to CE & FCC certifications process delay, we are expected to ship your order at the end of April once the certifications are confirmed.

Mark

SgtPepper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 01:53:53 PM »

For what it's worth, the FCC site shows that Globalscale only just received Grantee status (needed before you can even file an authorization request) a few days ago (04/18/2010).  There are no approved authorizations shown (pending info not publicly available).  I don't know how long authorization requests typically take, but I wouldn't count on imminent shipment.

zzort

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 05:33:25 PM »

Globalscale only just received Grantee status (needed before you can even file an authorization request) a few days ago (04/18/2010).

And yet they have been selling the SheevaPlug for some time. Did they not go through this process for that one?

SgtPepper

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 07:14:44 PM »

And yet they have been selling the SheevaPlug for some time. Did they not go through this process for that one?
The SheevaPlug didn't have wireless.  I think that is what they're having to get approved.

NewIT

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 11:31:26 PM »

We received a delivery update from Globalscale last night, this tells us that our shipment will be leaving China next week; this is sent over to Hong Kong then onto the UK by air. With previous orders once we are informed that the shipment has left China it normally takes about 7 days to get to us. But as I am sure most of us are aware of the disruption the volcano has caused the airlines, there maybe a small delay whilst they are clearing the backlog of freight being sent by air.
Once we have confirmation of the flight leaving Hong Kong we can then announce a firm delivery date to ourselves and therefore a despatch date for all orders.

Many thanks for you patience.

tinker

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 09:48:23 PM »

Looks like the GuruPlug received its FCC Certification on April 23rd.  The FCC ID is YCJ003GP
see
https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=567954&fcc_id='YCJ003GP'

tinker

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2010, 08:27:05 AM »

The following appeared on the Global Scale Technologies' web site today  http://www.globalscaletechnologies.com/c-4-guruplugs.aspx

'Note: We are receiving weekly shipments of both GuruPlugs
and SheevaPlugs. However, because of the popularity of
both products deliveries will be around 2-4 weeks from date
of ordering. Please check this site regularly for updates.
'

ChrisTyler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2010, 11:12:49 AM »

Just got off the phone with GlobalScale and they said that they're expecting the first shipment to arrive Saturday, and that they anticipated filling orders next week. (However, this sounded a lot like what they said a week ago  Sad  ... )

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: