• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Author Topic: New QT based installer: Easy Plug Computer Installer (ESIA)  (Read 73845 times)
hanker

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 20, 2010, 01:27:36 PM »

Thank you for your reply! Smiley

I have flashed the plug to u-boot 3.4.27, and I still get the same behavior when I use ESIA to install Ubuntu904_usb_app.tar.bz2 that I downloaded from http://sourceforge.net/projects/esia/files/.

Ubuntu actually installs and boots up fine and runs fine, but ESIA's gui is still getting stuck at 8%.

However the led is now green instead of red, so there's some progress. Smiley

Or do you mean that I need to actually use u-boot 3.4.26 and not 3.4.27 in order to get the ESIA gui not to hang at 8%?

Thank you again for your help!

snake

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 20, 2010, 11:49:51 PM »

Hello rooster,

It's ok now, I went back to your instructions and modified the bootargs_root env. Afterwards, I was able to connect using xtightvncviewer on my ubuntu host.

One interesting observation though, the red and blue hues seem to be interchanged on the VNC viewer... I tried using the web browser and checked-out google, and I could see that that the red and blue letters are not in their usual places... Any ideas? Smiley

rooster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 21, 2010, 03:26:00 AM »

hanker,

I understood from Paul that only after flashing the uboot with version 3.4.16 the ESIA progress bar worked.
Though in both cases the distro was burned to nand/sd.

rooster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 21, 2010, 03:27:36 AM »

snake,

The first time you connect to the plugdroid the VNC will have some issues, reboot the device and try to connect again.

phampson

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 01, 2010, 06:38:29 AM »

Rooster

On my plugs both are at version 19, the one installed by default from esia

1 still seems to get stuck at 8% but does update
1 does everything corectly

Both plugs say they are the  same version

Paul

rooster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 02, 2010, 10:07:43 AM »

So both plugs are the same and both have the same uboot env settings?

darkscout

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 04, 2010, 02:39:50 PM »

1) use it with any FTDI device (configurable VID/PID)

Is there anyway to get this working with any other serial device? I have a DockStar and I'm using a Siemens IP40 serial adapter which uses a Prolific chip. I can connect through screen and I've configured esia to use 0x067b / 0x2303, but I still get a "No USB Device attached" error.

rooster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 04, 2010, 08:37:02 PM »

The ESIA supports connection with plug via FTDI chip than needs to be in the plug, I do not think the DockStar has that.
From you question I understand you use a serial to USB converter, then I assume the ESIA sees that PID/VID and not the FTDI chip in the DockStar.

Regarding ESIA usage via serial, it should be supported since we see some plugs on the market that have only serial port. unfortunately I do not have the time currently to add this support.
If someone from this forum wants to add this to the source that will be nice.

phampson

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 05, 2010, 02:36:05 AM »

Rooster

Yep both plugs are identical, Ive reflashed both with default uboot from the installer. Which I believe will wipe all the variables. They are both running the identical software. Infact I use the backup from the one which gets stuck on 8% to install on the plug which doesnt get stuck.

Paul

rooster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 05, 2010, 06:17:06 AM »

Can you perform the installation from Linux and post the console output?

phampson

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 06, 2010, 06:54:34 AM »

Rooster at the moment Im not able to try the install on the sheevaplug that gets stuck on 8%.

Ive just noticed that the latest openwrt backfire 10.0.3 is compatible with the sheevaplug. Have you any plans to produce a package for it. Has anyone installed it successfully onto the plug. It would be very light as it all fits into devices with 8mb flash.

Thanks

Paul

phampson

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 08, 2010, 04:47:28 AM »

Rooster /Anyone

Sorry for yet another question. Im trying to get the apps store working now.

Ive got it so Esia can see the application. However when I try and install the copying of the files from the server fails with a 404 not found error. I assume my setup in apache is wrong.

Do i need anything in the setup which explicitly mentions the applications. Ive create a site called esiapkg which points to the directory where Ive stored the apps. Setting DocumentRoot and Directory to /home/paul/public_html

in the config sectin of esia ive set the app store to http://192.168.0.11/

eg the structure on my ubuntu machine

/home/paul/public_html
              applications
                      myapp1
              applications.list
              index.html                                #test file

If i type http://198.168.0.11/ on another machine on the network it sees the page from index.html.
However when installing the copying of the files fails with a 404 message.

What am i missing.

Also the esia installer doesnt notice that it actually fails and returns with 100% complete.

Would appreciate any help

Paul

« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 05:43:25 AM by phampson » Logged

phampson

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 09, 2010, 06:30:30 AM »

Right got it working, nothing wrong with config for apache or esia. I misinterpreted the structure needed.

Its now

/home/paul/public_html
            applications.list
            myapp

Got confused and added an extra level before myapp.

All working now. Though as i said before the esia installer doesnt catch that the transfers failed

Paul

uko

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 09, 2010, 01:04:59 PM »

Will it be hard to add a backup option to this application without having to reflash your plug?

It will be very useful, cos it will be easy to backup your system whenever you like it, an restore if anything goes wrong, or even making own custom distros.

birdman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: July 10, 2010, 04:44:57 PM »

Quote from: birdman
Is there such a rootfs tar file
Go to ESIA Source Forge page and look at the distros directory, there you can find Debian Lenny/Squeeze, FC12
Thanks.  I (finally) updated to debian squeeze today.  Since I have everything on SD card this was relatively simple, and safe (the update was to a new SD card, so if it had failed I just needed to boot with the original one in).
So, with a few update, upgrades and installs of the added packages I had on Ubuntu and copying over config changes all looks good.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Print
Jump to: