• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Author Topic: New QT based installer: Easy Plug Computer Installer (ESIA)  (Read 70482 times)
rooster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2010, 10:29:55 PM »

Is there such a rootfs tar file
Go to ESIA Source Forge page and look at the distros directory, there you can find Debian Lenny/Squeeze, FC12

rooster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2010, 10:35:35 PM »

Hi nurkkis

When doing the installation do you have only one USB DOK connected to the GuruPlug?
Try pluging it in and via console do the
Code:
usb reset
It should print the number of USB  Devices it found, try another DOK if you have, I also experienced some DOK not being found by uboot.
And also try to change the USB port you use (assuming the guru plug you have has 2 USB ports)

nurkkis

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2010, 12:33:32 AM »

Ok this is what I did now. I typed usb reset after plugging memorystick into guruplug. I switched to the other port and typed usb reset again. Below are the results. I even unplugged my mmc and it still gave the same message. Then I tried 2 different usb memorysticks, same message again.

Marvell>> usb reset
(Re)start USB...
USB:   Register 10011 NbrPorts 1
USB EHCI 1.00
scanning bus for devices... 4 USB Device(s) found
       scanning bus for storage devices... Device NOT ready
   Request Sense returned 02 3A 00
2 Storage Device(s) found
Marvell>> usb reset
(Re)start USB...
USB:   Register 10011 NbrPorts 1
USB EHCI 1.00
scanning bus for devices... 4 USB Device(s) found
       scanning bus for storage devices... Device NOT ready
   Request Sense returned 02 3A 00
2 Storage Device(s) found
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 12:55:45 AM by nurkkis » Logged

rooster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2010, 02:09:25 AM »

try using only one DOK at a time.
Are you using a hub in between the plug and the DOK? if so try removing it and simply plug one DOK in one of the plug`s USB ports

nurkkis

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2010, 06:40:27 AM »

try using only one DOK at a time.
Are you using a hub in between the plug and the DOK? if so try removing it and simply plug one DOK in one of the plug`s USB ports

Thats what I did. Im not using hub. And only one DOK at a time. I tried with winXP and ubuntu. In ubuntu with several different usb sticks, one at a time.

When are u getting your guruplug? just want to know when u have possibilities to test it.

birdman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2010, 02:22:55 PM »

Go to ESIA Source Forge page and look at the distros directory, there you can find Debian Lenny/Squeeze, FC12
Thanks.  I've got the Debian_Squeeze_usb_app.tar.bz2 file from there now.

rooster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2010, 07:43:01 PM »

When are u getting your guruplug
Hopefully next week.

What uboot version are you using?

jdonth

Azle, Texas

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 05, 2010, 07:47:42 AM »

Any chance I can get a bump for this?
Is there a way to add a post-processing step where I can integrate additional files such as a custom rc.local and other startup scripts without having to have "inserted" them into the root tarball?

How about something as simple as:
1) Look for any directories in the "base" folder (Ubuntu904, Debian_lenny, etc) and copy the files and folders to the same files and folders on the plug.
2) If the file "/etc/rc.local" is found, mark it executable (and remove windows line-endings (#13) so that it will run properly with a shebang line).

Thanks,
~Joe

...I've always depended on the kindness of strangers

nurkkis

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2010, 01:37:04 AM »

When are u getting your guruplug
Hopefully next week.

What uboot version are you using?

U-Boot 2009.11-rc1-00602-g28a9c08-dirty (Feb 09 2010 - 18:15:21)
Marvell-Plug2L

Great I'll wait for your test results then.

jdonth

Azle, Texas

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2010, 10:14:20 AM »

Strange.

I installed Ubuntu904 via ESIA and now I can not get the ufw firewall to run.

Anyone else have this problem?

Code:
root@ubuntu:~# ufw enable
Command may disrupt existing ssh connections. Proceed with operation (y|n)? y
ERROR: problem running ufw-init

Thanks,
~Joe

phampson

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2010, 03:01:20 AM »

Using Esia on my sheevaplug it gets stuck at 8% in progress bar. But does actually do the update. This is across all distributions.

Has anyone else seen this, I have told rooster about this via email but thought it was worth adding into this post.

Also when Esia worked I noticed the ethernet address  has changed is this normal. I obviously want the ethernet address to be that which is printed on the plug. Do I have to change anything before the install to stop this happening.

Paul

truehl

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2010, 03:49:43 AM »

Hi Rooster,
I tried your tool yesterday and I like it very much! Very goof work, thanks for that.

I've a few questions:
1. If I choose the backup-function before flashing, do I get a package I can use for an application later?
2. Does ESIA work on Ubuntu 10.04 ? Do I have to change something? If I run the normal installer, I've to change somethings in the script.
3. I had some heavy problem to use the installer on windows. With ESIA everything goes very well. Are there known issues to use ESIA with windows? Or in other words: Is it better tu use it on linux?
4. I would like to use ESIA in my SqueezePlug project. Maybe I want to create a Ubuntu-Boot-Stick with ESIA preinstalled to make it very easy to use, would that be possible? If yes, which distribution would you prefere on such a Stick?
5. I like the Dual-Boot Configuration of u-boot from NewIT very much. Because of this I like to change the uboot-mmc-custom.txt and uboot-nand-custom.txt so that the result is a dual-boot system equal if you choose an installation on NAND or MMC. Do you have experiences with that?

Thanks a lot for your great work!
Greetings Thomas

jdonth

Azle, Texas

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2010, 06:29:30 AM »

Using Esia on my sheevaplug it gets stuck at 8% in progress bar. But does actually do the update. This is across all distributions.

If you have requested a backup, this is where the program gets "stuck" while it makes a backup of your existing distribution.

I previously posted a request for a "new step" if performing a backup to clarify this.
~Joe

hausschuh

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2010, 09:30:01 AM »

After I'm stuck enabling SATA using the Cyrius Guide, I tried ESIA and it worked without any problems.

But since I don't do the Debian Squeeze Installation myself, I don't have the control about adding an additional user, set my own root password, set my own hostname etc.
I'm fine with it because I can change it afterwards without any problems.
But what I don't like is the automatic partitioning.
I would like to have a 256MB /boot with ext2, 256MB /swap and the rest / with ext3.
How can I do that after ESIA just created one partition with everything in it without loosing the OS and with all path correct using the correct swap partition etc.?

phampson

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2010, 09:36:06 AM »

Nope hadnt requested a backup, rooster by email seemed to think it was installer not being able to work out where it was in the process. Have had another plug delivered today so will see if it happens for that as well.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Print
Jump to: