• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: need to install WL-167g/RT2500 (wifi) drivers  (Read 1231 times)
LrsK

View Profile
« on: February 18, 2010, 03:35:32 PM »

I need to install the drivers for a WL-167g USB WiFi adapter, but the Sheevaplug does not come with them. I downloaded some off the Serialmoney page: http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page.

I upgraded the kernel to 2.6.30.6, since some guide somewhere said it had better WiFi support.

I placed the drivers in the sheevaplug, but I can't complete the build since the symlinks in the /lib/modules/<kernelnumber>/build and /lib/modules/<kernelnumber>/source forders point to non-existing locations. (/home/kelly/src/Sheeva/SheevaPlug_LSP/Sources/linux-2.6.30.6-work).

I tried replacing the symlinks with the folder /usr/include/linux where I extracted the kernel headers for the sheeva 2.6.30.6 kernel, but this did not work either. Getting the error:

make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/include/linux'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `modules'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/include/linux'
rt73.ko failed to build!
make: *** [module] Error 1

I'm not exactly sure what to do next. I need to compile the driver, but can't because the kernel is weird. Do I have to make my own kernel and include the drivers there? Does someone have these drivers so I can download them, or even the correct kernel headers?

Thanks for any help!!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: