• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NFS boot - works about 1 out of 3 tries, anyone seen this?  (Read 1017 times)
creeble

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2010, 09:32:47 AM »

I've been booting an NFS-mounted Fedora for some time, but it fails about every other boot.  It's very weird: It starts the boot sequence (and, therefore, has already attached the NFS mount), but fails somewhere around "udev settle" in the start_udev script.  It just hangs there, not going forward.  Then about 1 of 3 times, it just runs through it fine!

When I try and boot 9.04/Jaunty, it fails in a similar place, usually spitting out a message about not reaching the nfs server.  I can't get it to boot Jaunty all the way ever.

I think this has something to do with udev, not really nfs.  In both cases, it's getting to scripts that are definitely on the nfs share, so I don't understand how nfs can be the problem.  I've tried it on a couple of different versions of nfs on the server, and get the same problem.

Has anyone seen this, and does anyone know more about the wretched udev that could help?  It's driving me crazy to boot three times in order to get one working boot!

pingtoo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 11:35:41 AM »

Will, if you post your environment setting, I will give it a shot to see if I can solve this mystery Wink

Please post u-boot environment variables. How is IP address assigned and network topology.

Good Luck Smiley

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: