• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: [Solved] Build lircd modules on 2.6.32.8  (Read 1633 times)
kimx
Newbie
*

Karma: 0
Posts: 20


View Profile
« on: February 20, 2010, 07:47:29 AM »

Hi, I'm trying to build the modules needed to run a mceusb remote on the plug, but I'm having some trouble. I've grabed the kernel headers form http://sheeva.with-linux.com/sheeva/2.6.32.8/sheeva-2.6.32.8-KernelHeaders.tar.gz and have put them in /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.32.8 .
But when I try to run the command to compile the modules it fails:
Code:
module-assistant -f auto-install lirc-modules-source
 ....

If the running kernel has been shipped with the Debian           
distribution, please install the package linux-headers-2.6.32.8.
If your kernel source tree (or headers) is located in some       
non-usual location, please set the KERNELDIRS environment       
variable to the path of this directory, or (alternatively)     
specify the source directory we build for with the --kernel-dir
option in module-assistant calls.

Any help is appreciated

Thank you

kimx
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 05:04:51 AM by kimx » Logged

kimx
Newbie
*

Karma: 0
Posts: 20


View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 10:45:42 PM »

Hi, I've managed to cross compile the modules, but if I load them I get the follwing errors in dmesg:

...
kernel BUG at arch/arm/mm/dma-mapping.c:547!
Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 00000000
pgd = df324000
[00000000] *pgd=1ecf0031, *pte=00000000, *ppte=00000000
Internal error: Oops: 817 [#1] PREEMPT
last sysfs file: /sys/module/lirc_dev/initstate
Modules linked in: lirc_mceusb2(+) lirc_dev mv_cesa
CPU: 0    Not tainted  (2.6.32.8 #1)
...

The full log:
http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/380782/

Thank you for your help.

kimx
Logged

kimx
Newbie
*

Karma: 0
Posts: 20


View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 05:00:24 AM »

Hi, I've managed to crosscompile the needed modules for the mceusb remote. Now the remote works. It wasn't that easy because I had to get some sources from the svn and merge them with the sources of the lirc-modules-source package. I replaced the following files from the source package with the files from svn:
lirc_dev.c
lirc_mceusb.c
lirc_dev.h
kcompat.h
lirc.h

Afterwards I fixed some path in the .h files and the compile went well.

kimx
Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: