• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hmmm whoops... I've totally filled up my nand / primary partition.  (Read 1430 times)
hungarianhc

View Profile
« on: February 16, 2010, 07:10:02 PM »

Well this stinks... I thought I was doing pretty well at keeping the disk usage in check, but lo and behold, I screwed up today as I was updating to a newer version of Squeezebox Server... Now this thing's max'd out at 100% usage. Any way to salvage what I have? Can I repartition the external USB drive, copy the NAND contents over to the USB partition, and set it to boot from there? Or do I need to wipe this sucker out and start from scratch?

wobblybob

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 07:05:16 AM »

Hi,
If your using the jaunty ubuntu version on the internal flash and can still ssh onto it you could remove the archived .deb files in /var/cache/apt/archives as they are not needed after they are installed, in a [Terminal]

cd /var/cache/apt/archives

then run

rm -f *.deb

this frees up a bit of space and you can always re download then if need be.

hungarianhc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 07:54:16 AM »

Yeah I was already maxed out after doing that. BTW I think you can do the same thing w/ apt-get clean and apt-get autoclean. In any case, I had a mysql db expand in the end and there were no cached debs. I grabbed the 8GB SD card out of my digital camera, and I reinstalled Debian. So now i have an 8GB home partition instead of 512MB. I'm good to go now  Grin.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: